Character sheet tab

  • Brad Stiles
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
      OK, I know I've used this tab before, but now I can't get it to work,
      the drop down box of sheets isn't even populated. It works on the RSRD
      set, but it won't work on my other sets. Since I change no options or
      preferences between game modes, but it works, I presume that it requires
      some list entry someplace that those other sets don't have.

      I don't see anything obvious in the documentation, for either the LST
      files or the Description tab, and searching through all the LST, INI and
      PCC files in my pcgen directory for "compact.htm" (the first entry in
      the drop down list), yields no results. When I search for
      "charactersheet", the only hits are in Options.ini, and don't *appear*
      to be filtered by game more or anything.

      If someone could tell me what I have to modify/add to make some
      character sheets to show up there, I'd appreciate it.

      Brad
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008
        On Tuesday 04 November 2008 05:47:19 pm Brad Stiles wrote:
        > OK, I know I've used this tab before, but now I can't get it to work,
        > the drop down box of sheets isn't even populated. It works on the RSRD
        > set, but it won't work on my other sets. Since I change no options or
        > preferences between game modes, but it works, I presume that it requires
        > some list entry someplace that those other sets don't have.
        >
        > I don't see anything obvious in the documentation, for either the LST
        > files or the Description tab, and searching through all the LST, INI and
        > PCC files in my pcgen directory for "compact.htm" (the first entry in
        > the drop down list), yields no results. When I search for
        > "charactersheet", the only hits are in Options.ini, and don't *appear*
        > to be filtered by game more or anything.
        >
        > If someone could tell me what I have to modify/add to make some
        > character sheets to show up there, I'd appreciate it.

        This is pretty bad. First off, what version of PCGen are you using?

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 4, 2008

          PREVIEWDIR and PREVIEWSHEET would be what you're looking for, and they go in
          the miscinfo.lst of your game mode.

          Barak
        • Brad Stiles
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 5, 2008
            >> If someone could tell me what I have to modify/add to make some
            >> character sheets to show up there, I'd appreciate it.

            > PREVIEWDIR and PREVIEWSHEET would be what you're looking for, and they go in
            > the miscinfo.lst of your game mode.

            Hmmm. I thought I replied to myself, but I don't see it.

            I spent two hours before my game looking for this option, sent the
            message, and literally 30 seconds after that, found it in the docs.

            Sorry for the noise.

            Brad