RE: [pcgen] Age brackers

  • Brad Stiles
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
      > > What is supposed to happen when I set the Age on the Description tab
      > > to "Venerable", or any other value besides "Adulthood"? As far as I

      > > can tell, nothing does happen. In fact, the option isn't even
      sticky.
      > > When I switch away from the Description tab, it's set back to blank
      > > when I go back. Even if I save the character with "Venerable" set,
      > > it gets set to blank.

      > If the race has a properly setup bio setting then changing those will
      > affect the abilities and should also change the age; for races
      > without  bio setting nothing will happen. The same is true if you set
      > the age to something other than normal adult, it will change it. AND
      > it should stick... the non-stick behavior is what you get when no bio
      > has been set.
      >
      > That is IF it actually is working. I can't test till I get home and
      > do a rebuild.

      Did you get a chance to look at this?

      Brad
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
        Using the latest build.

        Create a Human, adept lv 1,

        Description, change the default tab of Adulthood to Old - age is
        automatically added, change to vulnerable... age is recalculated.

        I go back to summary tab - All physical stats are -6, and mental stats
        are +3.

        Seems to be working fine.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Brad Stiles wrote:
        >>> What is supposed to happen when I set the Age on the Description tab
        >>> to "Venerable", or any other value besides "Adulthood"? As far as I
        >>>

        >>> can tell, nothing does happen. In fact, the option isn't even
        >>>
        > sticky.
        >
        >>> When I switch away from the Description tab, it's set back to blank
        >>> when I go back. Even if I save the character with "Venerable" set,
        >>> it gets set to blank.
        >>>

        >> If the race has a properly setup bio setting then changing those will
        >> affect the abilities and should also change the age; for races
        >> without bio setting nothing will happen. The same is true if you set
        >> the age to something other than normal adult, it will change it. AND
        >> it should stick... the non-stick behavior is what you get when no bio
        >> has been set.
        >>
        >> That is IF it actually is working. I can't test till I get home and
        >> do a rebuild.
        >>

        > Did you get a chance to look at this?
        >
        > Brad

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

          Try changing the age before adding a level. (Which you need to do if you
          want skills to end up correct).

          (I reported this several months ago IIRC... or at least I meant to if I
          didn't... :p)

          Barak