RE: [pcgen] Age brackers

  • Brad Stiles
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 31, 2008
      > If the race has a properly setup bio setting then changing those will
      > affect the abilities and should also change the age; for races
      > without  bio setting nothing will happen. The same is true if you set
      > the age to something other than normal adult, it will change it. AND
      > it should stick... the non-stick behavior is what you get when no bio
      > has been set.

      Well, the names of the AGESET look like they are coming from the
      biosettings file that are in the data directory, as opposed to the
      system directory, as the entries in the dropdown box match the ones in
      data, but *not* the ones in system. I have no idea if that means they
      are set up correctly, of course, but I will note that when "Child" was
      first AGESET:0, the penalties on the Summary tab were the same as the
      ones in the AGESET entry. When I made Adult the AGESET:0 entry (it was
      2), the penalties went away.

      Brad
    • Brad Stiles
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
        > > What is supposed to happen when I set the Age on the Description tab
        > > to "Venerable", or any other value besides "Adulthood"? As far as I

        > > can tell, nothing does happen. In fact, the option isn't even
        sticky.
        > > When I switch away from the Description tab, it's set back to blank
        > > when I go back. Even if I save the character with "Venerable" set,
        > > it gets set to blank.

        > If the race has a properly setup bio setting then changing those will
        > affect the abilities and should also change the age; for races
        > without  bio setting nothing will happen. The same is true if you set
        > the age to something other than normal adult, it will change it. AND
        > it should stick... the non-stick behavior is what you get when no bio
        > has been set.
        >
        > That is IF it actually is working. I can't test till I get home and
        > do a rebuild.

        Did you get a chance to look at this?

        Brad
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008
          Using the latest build.

          Create a Human, adept lv 1,

          Description, change the default tab of Adulthood to Old - age is
          automatically added, change to vulnerable... age is recalculated.

          I go back to summary tab - All physical stats are -6, and mental stats
          are +3.

          Seems to be working fine.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          Brad Stiles wrote:
          >>> What is supposed to happen when I set the Age on the Description tab
          >>> to "Venerable", or any other value besides "Adulthood"? As far as I
          >>>

          >>> can tell, nothing does happen. In fact, the option isn't even
          >>>
          > sticky.
          >
          >>> When I switch away from the Description tab, it's set back to blank
          >>> when I go back. Even if I save the character with "Venerable" set,
          >>> it gets set to blank.
          >>>

          >> If the race has a properly setup bio setting then changing those will
          >> affect the abilities and should also change the age; for races
          >> without bio setting nothing will happen. The same is true if you set
          >> the age to something other than normal adult, it will change it. AND
          >> it should stick... the non-stick behavior is what you get when no bio
          >> has been set.
          >>
          >> That is IF it actually is working. I can't test till I get home and
          >> do a rebuild.
          >>

          > Did you get a chance to look at this?
          >
          > Brad

        • Barak
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 4, 2008

            Try changing the age before adding a level. (Which you need to do if you
            want skills to end up correct).

            (I reported this several months ago IIRC... or at least I meant to if I
            didn't... :p)

            Barak