Re: [pcgen] LOADING SOURCE FILES (SORTA) BROKEN

  • Michael W. Fender
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 29, 2008
      On Wednesday 29 October 2008 05:08:40 am musicguerilla wrote:
      > Hi! I'm using PCGen 5.15.5 on Win XP SP3 and the latest Sun Java (6,
      > update 7, build # 1.6.0_7-b06) installed.
      >
      > When I try to load source files for 3.5 (default setting) but all the
      > rsrd source files are listed in red and I get the following message
      > box: "The sources you have selected are not compatible. Please resolve
      > the conflict and then Load Sources"
      >
      > The program seems to work anyway but what is going on?

      I've had this happen once. Try this:
      Click Unload All (if greyed out, skip this)
      Click Refresh
      Check the right hand side and make sure nothing else is loaded.

      You can go from there. The 3.5 RSRD, 3.5 RSRD Basics, and 3.5 RSRD - Campaign
      Set - Core Book I are the very minimal that you'll really need.

      --
      Fluxxdog

      think.
    • musicguerilla
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
        The problem I am having is, I use ALL the RSRD sets, not just the
        basics. I have quite a few of the non-OGL books coded for my own use
        and it can really mess me up if some of the main sources are not
        included.

        here's what has been happening (not just this release but the
        previous two as well):

        all the RSRD source files are red. all of 'em. when you try to load
        them in anyway, you get the RSRD header but not the filenames
        themselves. for some reason they seem to work anyway. however, on the
        previous release (version 5.15.6 was released -after- this thread
        started) it broke, and it only loaded half of the RSRD lst files on
        the right pane, and the rest were still listed on the left in red.
        THEN the latest release became available, and now it's doing the same
        as originally, just loading the RSRD header but no files on the
        right, but still appears to be working ok.

        I had totally uninstalled PCGen prior to installing the new one, and
        it retained my old settings from the previous installation(s).

        where is the file stored that retains that if not in the pcgen folder
        itself? i am wondering if deleting that file could help fix the
        problem.

        thanks all!

        Bri

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Michael W. Fender" <fluxxdog@...>

        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 31, 2008
          Are you unable to select the sets you need because they are red?  If so, then remove all your sets after you unload them (if you loaded them)... shut down the program, restart the program... select the rsrd complete, then add your homebrew sets.  if they change red, no big deal... that is part of the new PRECAMPAIGN token, just as long as they are correctly on the selected side things should be fine.

          However, I must ask...
          Do your sets no longer work?
          Is there anything acting up?

          If not then I think things are good. Please let us know if something isn't working though.

          wrote:

          > On Wednesday 29 October 2008 05:08:40 am musicguerilla wrote:
          > > Hi! I'm using PCGen 5.15.5 on Win XP SP3 and the latest Sun Java
          (6,
          > > update 7, build # 1.6.0_7-b06) installed.
          > >
          > > When I try to load source files for 3.5 (default setting) but all
          the
          > > rsrd source files are listed in red and I get the following
          message
          > > box: "The sources you have selected are not compatible. Please
          resolve
          > > the conflict and then Load Sources"
          > >
          > > The program seems to work anyway but what is going on?
          >
          > I've had this happen once. Try this:
          > Click Unload All (if greyed out, skip this)
          > Click Refresh
          > Check the right hand side and make sure nothing else is loaded.
          >
          > You can go from there. The 3.5 RSRD, 3.5 RSRD Basics, and 3.5
          RSRD - Campaign
          > Set - Core Book I are the very minimal that you'll really need.
          >
          > --
          > Fluxxdog
          >
          > The worst crime you can commit against another human being is to
          make them
          > think.

        • Brad Stiles
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 1, 2008
            > where is the file stored that retains that if not in the pcgen folder
            > itself? i am wondering if deleting that file could help fix the
            > problem.

            If you don't change it in Settings->Preferences->PCGen->Location, "PCGen
            option.ini Directory", it will put it in your home directory, which on
            my Windows system, puts it in "C:\Documents and Settings\Brad\.pcgen".
            I usually set it to "PCGen Dir" to keep everything self-contained.
            That's one of the things I always have to change when I upgrade, as I
            have a couple of different versions loaded.

            Brad