Re: [pcgen] Problems

    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
      Hi Telaras,

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Telaras Keniliath wrote:
      > Hi... Just Dl'ed PCgen, 5.14.1... the 'download for windows' button
      > off the PCgen website. and got a few comments/questions.
      >
      > First and foremost, I'm trying to create a DND 3.5 character, but none
      > of the 'normal' sourcebooks, like the PHB, or any of those, are among
      > the sources. At least that I can tell. IS there some separate DL that
      > I have to do for those?

      No, PCGen uses the srd, rsrd and msrd core rules...

      What you want is to look at left pane, see anything like say rsrd? Well
      open that on up, you can choose the 'complete' which includes the PHB,
      MM, DMG, plus Epic and Psionics.

      Or you can go with the basics and omit whatever you want. Just load and
      then create a new character.
      > Managed to install it allright, but now, whenever I run it, ('high or
      > low' mode) it takes like 5 minutes to open, and when I close it, it
      > completely crashes my comp, causing me to have to restart. is there a
      > way, to say, not crash whenever I want to run the program?

      Now, that is interesting. I've never heard of it crashing a system before.

      We know you are loading PCGen 5.14.1, but what java version are you using?
      What system? (Windows? XP, Vista; Linux, OSX?)
      Do you have enough RAM to load the program? 256mg, 512mg, 1gb?

      Is there any error messages?

    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 28, 2008
        On Wednesday 29 October 2008 12:02:57 am Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Hi Telaras,
        >

        > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > ~ Unique Title "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >
        > Telaras Keniliath wrote:
        > > Hi... Just Dl'ed PCgen, 5.14.1... the 'download for windows' button
        > > off the PCgen website. and got a few comments/questions.
        > >
        > > First and foremost, I'm trying to create a DND 3.5 character, but none
        > > of the 'normal' sourcebooks, like the PHB, or any of those, are among
        > > the sources. At least that I can tell. IS there some separate DL that
        > > I have to do for those?
        >
        > No, PCGen uses the srd, rsrd and msrd core rules...
        >
        > What you want is to look at left pane, see anything like say rsrd? Well
        > open that on up, you can choose the 'complete' which includes the PHB,
        > MM, DMG, plus Epic and Psionics.
        >
        > Or you can go with the basics and omit whatever you want. Just load and
        > then create a new character.

        A little more advice to go with this: For most of your characters, along with
        magic items and prestige classes, look for 3.5 RSRD Basics and 3.5 RSRD
        Advanced and load those. Then you can make your Arcane Archer with a +2
        Longbow ;)

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.