Re: Coding

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Parks" <dbd@...> wrote:

      > I am a retired Java/C++ coder.
      >
      > I will be going back to college (law school) in a few months.
      >
      > Meanwhile, I have too much time on my hands and would love to help out
      > in any way I can.
      >
      > I do get bored with data files and such, so would much prefer to get
      > my hands dirty with code.

      Hi Dan,

      Thanks for the interest. Our code silverback (team lead) happens to
      be in Australia, so I'm sure we'll hear from him, but with some delay.

      I have to say I'm not familiar with the workload of law school (other
      than general reputation of being hard). Thus, one question I would
      have is whether you expect to spend a few months or continue through
      school? I think either is great; it just might help in choosing good
      projects or places for you to get started.

      Tom P.
      --
      PCGen Architecture Lead
    • Dan Parks
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
        I will be going part time to start and don't expect a heavy workload
        for the first two years and expect to continue helping for a few years
        at least.

        > Hi Dan,
        >
        > Thanks for the interest. Our code silverback (team lead) happens to
        > be in Australia, so I'm sure we'll hear from him, but with some delay.
        >
        > I have to say I'm not familiar with the workload of law school (other
        > than general reputation of being hard). Thus, one question I would
        > have is whether you expect to spend a few months or continue through
        > school? I think either is great; it just might help in choosing good
        > projects or places for you to get started.
        >
        > Tom P.
        > --
        > PCGen Architecture Lead

      • CalebU
        Message 3 of 5 , May 29 5:14 PM
          I am using LST files that came with PCGen 5.16.2 as templates to make my own LST files. I came across some tags that were commented out, but I still didn't know what went under them. Here are the tags:

          Var. Min. Value
          These were in the srd_equip_melee.lst