Coding

  • Dan Parks
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
      I am a retired Java/C++ coder.

      I will be going back to college (law school) in a few months.

      Meanwhile, I have too much time on my hands and would love to help out
      in any way I can.

      I do get bored with data files and such, so would much prefer to get
      my hands dirty with code.
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
        On Monday 20 October 2008 02:09:59 pm Dan Parks wrote:
        > I am a retired Java/C++ coder.
        >
        > I will be going back to college (law school) in a few months.
        >
        > Meanwhile, I have too much time on my hands and would love to help out
        > in any way I can.
        >
        > I do get bored with data files and such, so would much prefer to get
        > my hands dirty with code.

        Just post a message with the subject of "I WANT TO HELP" and someone will be
        by to collect your soul shortly.

        May Kar have mercy... oh who are we kidding? ^^

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Dan Parks" <dbd@...> wrote:

          > I am a retired Java/C++ coder.
          >
          > I will be going back to college (law school) in a few months.
          >
          > Meanwhile, I have too much time on my hands and would love to help out
          > in any way I can.
          >
          > I do get bored with data files and such, so would much prefer to get
          > my hands dirty with code.

          Hi Dan,

          Thanks for the interest. Our code silverback (team lead) happens to
          be in Australia, so I'm sure we'll hear from him, but with some delay.

          I have to say I'm not familiar with the workload of law school (other
          than general reputation of being hard). Thus, one question I would
          have is whether you expect to spend a few months or continue through
          school? I think either is great; it just might help in choosing good
          projects or places for you to get started.

          Tom P.
          --
          PCGen Architecture Lead
        • Dan Parks
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 20, 2008
            I will be going part time to start and don't expect a heavy workload
            for the first two years and expect to continue helping for a few years
            at least.

            > Hi Dan,
            >
            > Thanks for the interest. Our code silverback (team lead) happens to
            > be in Australia, so I'm sure we'll hear from him, but with some delay.
            >
            > I have to say I'm not familiar with the workload of law school (other
            > than general reputation of being hard). Thus, one question I would
            > have is whether you expect to spend a few months or continue through
            > school? I think either is great; it just might help in choosing good
            > projects or places for you to get started.
            >
            > Tom P.
            > --
            > PCGen Architecture Lead

          • CalebU
            Message 5 of 5 , May 29, 2010
              I am using LST files that came with PCGen 5.16.2 as templates to make my own LST files. I came across some tags that were commented out, but I still didn't know what went under them. Here are the tags:

              Var. Min. Value
              These were in the srd_equip_melee.lst