Energy Drain

  • tazfrancais
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008
      I use the Energy drain template on my character. (2 Level)

      The skill, save and to hit where reduce by 2.

      Witch is OK.

      But the HP has not reduced. It should have being reduced by 10.

      Does PCGEN5141 has a bug or my interpretation?

      Thanks
    • Michael W. Fender
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008
        On Monday 20 October 2008 01:42:51 pm tazfrancais wrote:
        > I use the Energy drain template on my character. (2 Level)
        >
        > The skill, save and to hit where reduce by 2.
        >
        > Witch is OK.
        >
        > But the HP has not reduced. It should have being reduced by 10.
        >

        > Does PCGEN5141 has a bug or my interpretation?

        Accoring to the RSRD (AbilitiesandConditions.rtf)
        A creature takes the following penalties for each negative level it has
        gained.
        –1 on all skill checks and ability checks.
        –1 on attack rolls and saving throws.
        –5 hit points.
        –1 effective level (whenever the creature’s level is used in a die roll or
        calculation, reduce it by one for each negative level).

        Looking at the data and the RSRD, I think it may be a data bug. There should
        be a BONUS tag that reads:
        BONUS:HP|CURRENTMAX|-1*(%CHOICE)|PREAPPLY:ANYPC

        However, I'm unsure if the -5 HP is considered damage or actually reduces your
        maximum HP by 5 for each negative level. The way I've always played it, it's
        been a reduction as long as you had the level, which made sense since you
        were effective being dropped a level.

        Anyone higher up wanna chime in or should I just open a tracker for this?

        --
        Fluxxdog

        think.
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008
          Trackered:

          2183117 [RSRD] Negative Levels doesn't apply negative HP
          <https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2183117&group_id=25576&atid=750091>

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 20, 2008
            I'd call it a fixed drain. If you were merely losing the HD then you
            would just lose the HP of that level gain. But since we don't normally
            keep track of HP gained each level I think they went with 5 to keep it
            simple.

            We can emulate it as a reduction of HP (You can't heal it)