Um....hello

  • theladycirra
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
      I just joined this group and was wondering if anyone else experienced
      severe lagging when they input an upper level character into PCgen.
      For me, the lag was so bad that it took me a half hour to switch from
      the classes tab to the feats tab. Is this normal? Is it something you
      are working on?

      Let me know!
    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
        Hi!

        theladycirra wrote:

        > I just joined this group and was wondering if anyone else experienced
        > severe lagging when they input an upper level character into PCgen.
        > For me, the lag was so bad that it took me a half hour to switch from
        > the classes tab to the feats tab. Is this normal? Is it something you
        > are working on?

        What version of PCGen are you running?

        I have found that the most likley reasoe for slow performance is not
        enough memory. Have you adusted the memory allocation for PCGen?

        Maredudd
      • Tom Parker
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "theladycirra" <theladycirra@...> wrote:

          > I just joined this group and was wondering if anyone else experienced
          > severe lagging when they input an upper level character into PCgen.
          > For me, the lag was so bad that it took me a half hour to switch from
          > the classes tab to the feats tab. Is this normal? Is it something you
          > are working on?
          >
          > Let me know!

          There are performance issues with Epic level (21+) level characters in
          older revisions of PCGen. A patch was added to PCGen in August, and
          will be released in production as part of PCGen 5.16.0.

          If you wish to try our current Alpha (unstable) release with the fix,
          5.15.5 was released earlier today and is available on SourceForge (I'm
          jumping the gun a bit on our PR team, but it is there)

          TP.
        • Michael W. Fender
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
            On Tuesday 14 October 2008 04:11:14 pm theladycirra wrote:
            > I just joined this group and was wondering if anyone else experienced
            > severe lagging when they input an upper level character into PCgen.
            > For me, the lag was so bad that it took me a half hour to switch from
            > the classes tab to the feats tab. Is this normal? Is it something you
            > are working on?
            >
            > Let me know!

            Upper level usually implies around 10-15 in my circle, so just to be sure,
            how 'upper level' are we talking?

            --
            Fluxxdog

            think.
          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 14, 2008
              Hi Folks!

              Tom wrote:
              > If you wish to try our current Alpha (unstable) release with the fix,
              > 5.15.5 was released earlier today and is available on SourceForge (I'm
              > jumping the gun a bit on our PR team, but it is there)

              Not quite! :-)

              Look back a few messages . . .

              Maredudd