Turn Undead feat not being added

  • Peter Nigro
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 10, 2008
      In v5.14.1, when I create a good cleric, it doesn't add Turn Undead to
      the character.

      -Pete
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 10, 2008

        You need to go to the abilities tab and add it yourself I believe. We've
        gone away from pop-ups and automatic additions...

        Barak
      • ovka
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 11, 2008
          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:
          >You need to go to the abilities tab and add it yourself I believe.
          >We've
          >gone away from pop-ups and automatic additions...

          I hope not. That seems like a step backwards in functionality.

          Cheers,

          Sir George Anonymous
        • Michael W. Fender
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 11, 2008
            On Saturday 11 October 2008 07:34:42 am ovka wrote:
            > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:
            > >You need to go to the abilities tab and add it yourself I believe.
            > >We've
            > >gone away from pop-ups and automatic additions...
            >
            > I hope not. That seems like a step backwards in functionality.

            From what I understand, it actually helps keep things in check. Say you're a
            good guy who turns evil. You still have the Turn Undead ability, but now you
            are supposed to Rebuke. Now, it can be changed easily.

            --
            Fluxxdog

            think.
          • Eddy Anthony
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 11, 2008
              ovka scribed:

              >> You need to go to the abilities tab and add it yourself I believe.
              >> We've
              >> gone away from pop-ups and automatic additions...
              >
              > I hope not. That seems like a step backwards in functionality.

              Why? With the pop ups that add hidden feats there was no way to change the
              choice once selected, there was also no way to see the prerequisites of the
              feats before selecting them, indeed those feat that had prereqs you didn't
              meet would not even show up on the list so you may not have even been aware
              of some choices. This new method solves that problem and lets you make those
              selections at any time and change them later if you wish.
              --
              ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
            • Peter Nigro
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 14, 2008
                Turn Undead isn't listed under any of the sub-tabs (Feats, Class
                Abilities, or Salient Divine Ability) under Feats & Abilities tab.
                When I look at the Character Sheet tab using troubleshooting.htm, I
                see Cleric Turning and Basic Turning feats.

                I even tried adding it through the Lang, Weap Prof & SA button on the
                Summary Tab. Turn Undead was listed as an SA, but nothing happened
                when I selected.

                Feats (Hidden Automatic)
                Cleric Turning [Wizards of the Coast - Revised (v.3.5) System
                Reference Document]

                Special Abilities (Hidden Automatic)
                Basic Turning [Wizards of the Coast - Revised (v.3.5) System Reference
                Document, CombatII.rtf]

                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 14, 2008
                  Sounds like you're using an older version of PCGen. Turn Undead as a hidden feat is not used in the recent versions. Instead it's now an ability object.

                  Which version are you using?

                  5.15.0 + you should see under Class Abilities 'Turning' where you can select Turn Undead or Rebuke Undead.

                  Also, have you selected a deity (or the 'None') from the Domain TAB?

                  -Andrew (At work)