[From the BoD] Changes in the 5.16 Roadmap

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2008
      PCGen Community

      Development towards PCGen v5.16 is going well, with new features and
      capabilities being added at a strong and steady pace. Despite this,
      PCGen's Board of Directors has decided to extend the current
      development cycle by five weeks.

      The latest release, PCGen v5.15.4, was scheduled to be the last alpha
      release in this development cycle, after which we would move to a
      series of quick beta releases and then the final push towards a late
      November Stable Release. Unfortunately, though we have been making
      steady progress, a few obstacles have arisen that necessitate the
      addition of three additional alpha releases, pushing our stable
      release out to late December. You can find the latest PCGen v5.16
      roadmap here:

      http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Release_5.16.x

      This presents an opportunity for you, our user community, to help us
      make PCGen's next stable release even better by downloading the
      latest alpha, and subsequent developmental releases, and give them a
      good test run. Poke and prod their innards until you break something,
      and then come tell us about it. The PCGen team is dedicated to
      providing the best product possible in each stable release, and we
      couldn't do that without you!

      You can download the latest alpha here:

      https://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=25576

      PCGen Board of Directors.