PCGen v5.15.3 (Alpha) Released!

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
      PCGen, the worlds most flexible d20 character generation software, is
      pleased to announce the release of PCGen v5.15.3 (Alpha)!

      PCGen v5.15.3 is an alpha release from our development branch,
      allowing experimentation and testing of our latest work. Notable
      changes in this release include continued improvement in the
      flexibility of PCGen's Ability Object, improving PCGen's support for
      4th Edition's new 'Powers'. To see the full list of changes
      incorporated in this alpha release, check out the release notes here:

      http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
      docid=130838&group_id=25576

      With this release, the PCGen team has made good progress towards our
      goal of increased support for 4th Edition D&D and Paizo's Pathfinder
      RPG, so for the brave and the bold, please try out this Alpha and
      give us your feedback!

      PCGen is an RPG character generator and maintenance program (d20
      systems). All datafiles are ASCII text files so they can be modified
      by users for their own campaigns. For more information about PCGen,
      join us at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/ or visit our website
      at http://pcgen.sourceforge.net and wiki at http://www.pcgen-test.org/
      wiki.

      PCGen Team
    • David
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
        I think there is a problem with the file. After I downloaded it, all
        the 'folders' also have a 'file' with the same name, and it is playing
        havoc with trying to un-zip it.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        > PCGen, the worlds most flexible d20 character generation software, is
        > pleased to announce the release of PCGen v5.15.3 (Alpha)!
      • James Dempsey
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
          Hi David,

          I just downloaded the full zip file (pcgen5153_full.zip) and unzipped it
          fine using 7-Zip on Windows XP. Which file were you using and what are
          you using to unzip it?

          Cheers,
          James.

          On 26/09/2008 10:50 PM David wrote
          > I think there is a problem with the file. After I downloaded it, all
          > the 'folders' also have a 'file' with the same name, and it is playing
          > havoc with trying to un-zip it.
          >
          > -- david
          > Papa.DRB
          >
          > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Eric C Smith <maredudd@...> wrote:
          >
          >> PCGen, the worlds most flexible d20 character generation software, is
          >> pleased to announce the release of PCGen v5.15.3 (Alpha)!

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
            same file, 7-zip. Vista

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
              Also, I downloaded it to an WinXP Pro SP2 machine and saw the same thing.

              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 26, 2008
                Ok, I have to open it first in 7-zip *then* extract them. Right
                clicking on the .zip file and 'extract all' shows the 'double' stuff.

                Got it working...

                I am beginning to *hate* Windows VIsta.

                -- david
                Papa.DRB