Re: [pcgen] Magic of Faerun

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 16, 2008
      Hello Thom,

      You are correct, WotC only released the SRD, RSRD and MSRD to the OGL
      community and a small portion of Unearthed Arcana. Beyond that the other
      publishers who signed on also did so through the OGL.

      For any official WotC books you would need to code those in yourself. We
      have

      for any related questions on making your sets. We also have some
      excellent documentation on how such sets are started and how to make it
      work.

      For beginners it can be a little overwhelming at first. But don't let
      that scare you away. You don't need to code an entire book at first,
      just the parts you need for yourself or your group.

      So, feel free to ask on our List File Help group. And either myself or
      other helpful monkey will be happy to assist you down the path of Lst
      Coding.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Thom wrote:
      > Hello
      >
      > I am totally new to the whole PCGen thing, but I like it so far
      > (especially since it runs flawless on my linux machines, which is not
      > a given).
      >
      > Now, I tried to build a character I am playing and found that I need
      > the sources for a Wizards sourcebook "Magic of Faerun". If I
      > understand correctly WotC have not released books under OGL for a
      > while. Does that mean I stand no chance of using said Source in PCGen
      > or are there people out there who manually worked stuff like that out
      > and can help me?
      >
      > Thanks in advance.

    • hilamj
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
        I saw some old posts about source files someone had made for magic of faerun. I am interested in using a gnome artifcer and all of the old links I find for these files are no longer functioning. Does anyone know where I could find this source file?

        Thanks!
      • Susan Dittmar
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013

          hilamj schrieb:
          > I saw some old posts about source files someone had made for magic of faerun. I am interested in using a gnome artifcer and all of the old links I find for these files are no longer functioning. Does anyone know where I could find this source file?

          unfortunately Magic of Faerun is Closed Content. This means only Wizards of the
          Coast has the right to publish anything containing its content. PCGen does not
          have permission to distribute files containing this data. So you will neither
          get such files here nor links to such files.

          But if you own the book, you can code the entries you need yourself. It's not
          too difficult, and the code monkeys over at the PCGenListFileHelp mailing list
          (see footer of this mail) are very friendly and willing to help.

          Susan