HELP - Playing tonight and need to get this fixed! Incorrect Halfing AC

  • dbbakerga
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
      Hi Everyone,

      I have a new player in the game, a halfling wizard, whose AC is one
      point less than it should be.

      His DEX stat is a modified 18 (base 16 + 2 for halfling) and he's
      wearing no armor.

      Looking at the AC boxes his total AC is 14, flatfooted 11, touch 14 =
      base 10 + armor 0 + sheild 0 + stat 3 (s/b 4 from DEX modifier, right?)
      + size 1 + misc. 0

      Why is it not picking up his total DEX bonus of +4? How do I fix it
      without having to do his whole character over again - especially since
      we're playing in less than 6 hours (and I still have a house to clean
      and laundry to do :) )!

      Thanks!

      Dawn
    • David
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
        Check the load/encumbrance. If it is Medium than Max dex is +3. PHB,
        table 9-2, page 162.

        -- david
        Papa.DRB

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "dbbakerga" <dbbakerga@...> wrote:

        > Hi Everyone,
        >
        > I have a new player in the game, a halfling wizard, whose AC is one
        > point less than it should be.
        >
        > His DEX stat is a modified 18 (base 16 + 2 for halfling) and he's
        > wearing no armor.
        >
        > Looking at the AC boxes his total AC is 14, flatfooted 11, touch 14
        =
        > base 10 + armor 0 + sheild 0 + stat 3 (s/b 4 from DEX modifier,
        right?)
        > + size 1 + misc. 0
        >
        > Why is it not picking up his total DEX bonus of +4? How do I fix
        it
        > without having to do his whole character over again - especially
        since
        > we're playing in less than 6 hours (and I still have a house to
        clean
        > and laundry to do :) )!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Dawn

      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
          On Sat, Sep 13, 2008 at 11:04 AM, dbbakerga <dbbakerga@...> wrote:
          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I have a new player in the game, a halfling wizard, whose AC is one
          > point less than it should be.
          >
          > His DEX stat is a modified 18 (base 16 + 2 for halfling) and he's
          > wearing no armor.
          >
          > Looking at the AC boxes his total AC is 14, flatfooted 11, touch 14 =
          > base 10 + armor 0 + sheild 0 + stat 3 (s/b 4 from DEX modifier, right?)
          > + size 1 + misc. 0
          >
          > Why is it not picking up his total DEX bonus of +4? How do I fix it

          Encumbrance penalty.

          > without having to do his whole character over again - especially since
          > we're playing in less than 6 hours (and I still have a house to clean
          > and laundry to do :) )!

          You get the character to drop some of the booty he's carrying. :)

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Dawn Baker
          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
            To David and Tir Gwaith,

            He's not encumbered at all - his load is light.

            Thanks anyway,

            Dawn

            At 01:31 PM 9/13/2008, you wrote:

            >Check the load/encumbrance. If it is Medium than Max dex is +3. PHB,
            >table 9-2, page 162.
            >
            >-- david
            >Papa.DRB
            >
            >--- In <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>pcgen@yahoogroups.com,
            >"dbbakerga" <dbbakerga@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > Hi Everyone,
            > >
            > > I have a new player in the game, a halfling wizard, whose AC is one
            > > point less than it should be.
            > >
            > > His DEX stat is a modified 18 (base 16 + 2 for halfling) and he's
            > > wearing no armor.
            > >
            > > Looking at the AC boxes his total AC is 14, flatfooted 11, touch 14
            >=
            > > base 10 + armor 0 + sheild 0 + stat 3 (s/b 4 from DEX modifier,
            >right?)
            > > + size 1 + misc. 0
            > >
            > > Why is it not picking up his total DEX bonus of +4? How do I fix
            >it
            > > without having to do his whole character over again - especially
            >since
            > > we're playing in less than 6 hours (and I still have a house to
            >clean
            > > and laundry to do :) )!
            > >
            > > Thanks!
            > >
            > > Dawn

            Dawn Baker
            PrimaDawna Soaps & Scrubs
            www.PrimaDawnaSoaps.com

          • Dawn Baker
            Message 5 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
              Wait a second - let me double-check that. I've been dealing with
              another character and I've got him in my mind. Let me check the
              encumbrance and then I'll get back to you.

              Dawn

              At 01:31 PM 9/13/2008, you wrote:

              >Check the load/encumbrance. If it is Medium than Max dex is +3. PHB,
              >table 9-2, page 162.
              >
              >-- david
              >Papa.DRB
              >
              >--- In <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>pcgen@yahoogroups.com,
              >"dbbakerga" <dbbakerga@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Hi Everyone,
              > >
              > > I have a new player in the game, a halfling wizard, whose AC is one
              > > point less than it should be.
              > >
              > > His DEX stat is a modified 18 (base 16 + 2 for halfling) and he's
              > > wearing no armor.
              > >
              > > Looking at the AC boxes his total AC is 14, flatfooted 11, touch 14
              >=
              > > base 10 + armor 0 + sheild 0 + stat 3 (s/b 4 from DEX modifier,
              >right?)
              > > + size 1 + misc. 0
              > >
              > > Why is it not picking up his total DEX bonus of +4? How do I fix
              >it
              > > without having to do his whole character over again - especially
              >since
              > > we're playing in less than 6 hours (and I still have a house to
              >clean
              > > and laundry to do :) )!
              > >
              > > Thanks!
              > >
              > > Dawn

              Dawn Baker
              PrimaDawna Soaps & Scrubs
              www.PrimaDawnaSoaps.com

            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
                A quick way to check - look at his Armor Check penalty. It will be -3
                if at medium load (and not wearing any armor like you mention.) Not
                Armor check from encumbrance isn't a big deal for a wizard, but for a
                rogue.... :)

                Message 7 of 7 , Sep 13, 2008
                  Thanks guys that was it! Whew - was going out of my mind trying to
                  figure that one out!

                  At 04:51 PM 9/13/2008, you wrote:

                  >Wait a second - let me double-check that. I've been dealing with
                  >another character and I've got him in my mind. Let me check the
                  >encumbrance and then I'll get back to you.
                  >
                  >Dawn
                  >
                  >At 01:31 PM 9/13/2008, you wrote:
                  >
                  > >Check the load/encumbrance. If it is Medium than Max dex is +3. PHB,
                  > >table 9-2, page 162.
                  > >
                  > >-- david
                  > >Papa.DRB
                  > >
                  > >--- In
                  > <mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com><mailto:pcgen%40yahoogroups.com>pcgen@yahoogroups.com,
                  >
                  > >"dbbakerga" <dbbakerga@...> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Hi Everyone,
                  > > >
                  > > > I have a new player in the game, a halfling wizard, whose AC is one
                  > > > point less than it should be.
                  > > >
                  > > > His DEX stat is a modified 18 (base 16 + 2 for halfling) and he's
                  > > > wearing no armor.
                  > > >
                  > > > Looking at the AC boxes his total AC is 14, flatfooted 11, touch 14
                  > >=
                  > > > base 10 + armor 0 + sheild 0 + stat 3 (s/b 4 from DEX modifier,
                  > >right?)
                  > > > + size 1 + misc. 0
                  > > >
                  > > > Why is it not picking up his total DEX bonus of +4? How do I fix
                  > >it
                  > > > without having to do his whole character over again - especially
                  > >since
                  > > > we're playing in less than 6 hours (and I still have a house to
                  > >clean
                  > > > and laundry to do :) )!
                  > > >
                  > > > Thanks!
                  > > >
                  > > > Dawn