confused

  • Jeff
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
      not sure where the documentation for this program is, but i keep
      finding it then losing it. shouldn't a link to the FAQ be on the wiki
      page?

      how do I add spells? i'm trying to build a 1st level cleric and can't
      for the life of me figure out how to give him spells. he's a cleric,
      does he need a spellbook? i wouldn't think so, but one of the error
      messages i ran into suggested that i needed to add a spellbook.
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
        If you're in the program "F1" will bring up the docs.

        You're building a cleric correct? Per the default rules they
        automatically get all their spells. You don't need to add anything.

        However, for clarity, the "Spells" tab across the top of the program
        will take you to the proper spot. Divided into four windows - Top Left
        is spell lists and available spells.
        Top Right is all classes and spells already assigned. Bottom Left is
        spell Information. Bottom Right is Caster Class info for the selected
        class/list.

        And no, clerics do not need a spell book.

        To confirm you have your spells click on the PREVIEW tab. See the tabs
        on the left side?
        Cleric 0
        Cleric 1

        Click those, they are the Cleric Spell list.
        Page 1
        Page 2
        Page 3 (If you have one)

        Are the standard sheets for the character.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

        Jeff wrote:
        > not sure where the documentation for this program is, but i keep
        > finding it then losing it. shouldn't a link to the FAQ be on the wiki
        > page?
        >
        > how do I add spells? i'm trying to build a 1st level cleric and can't
        > for the life of me figure out how to give him spells. he's a cleric,
        > does he need a spellbook? i wouldn't think so, but one of the error
        > messages i ran into suggested that i needed to add a spellbook.

      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 8, 2008
          Hi Jeff!

          On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:08 PM, Jeff wrote:
          > not sure where the documentation for this program is, but i keep
          > finding it then losing it. shouldn't a link to the FAQ be on the wiki
          > page?

          It might not be a bad idea to link to the docs from the wiki . . . :-)

          In the mean time, if you are in PCGen, you can mouse over to the
          "Help" button on the upper-right hand corner of the PCGen window.
          You'll see a menu that lists the docs.

          > how do I add spells? i'm trying to build a 1st level cleric and can't
          > for the life of me figure out how to give him spells. he's a cleric,
          > does he need a spellbook? i wouldn't think so, but one of the error
          > messages i ran into suggested that i needed to add a spellbook.

          What version of PCGen are you running and what data sets have you
          loaded?

          Generally, creating a cleric is straight forward. Once the cleric
          has been created, you can go to the "Spells" tab.

          Once on the Spells tab you will see two panes. In the left pane you
          will see the Cleric listed the triangle next to it. Click on the
          triangle and Levels 0 thru 9 drop down. Continue until you see all
          the spells you have access to.

          In the right pane you will see two words. "Innate" and "Knownspells"

          Drop down the Knownspells list and once again you will see all the
          spells you have access to.

          Eric
        • Terry FitzSimons
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 9, 2008
            Documentation is in the Docs directory with the program.

            PcGen > PCGen5152 > docs > navlistindex.html

            navlistindex.html is the index for the tags used.

            Terry

            --

            Terry FitzSimons
            FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

            Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 15, 2008
              Replying to this very late but:

              > Hi Jeff!
              >
              > On Sep 8, 2008, at 9:08 PM, Jeff wrote:
              > > not sure where the documentation for this program is, but i keep
              > > finding it then losing it. shouldn't a link to the FAQ be on the
              > > wiki page?
              > >

              > It might not be a bad idea to link to the docs from the wiki . . .
              > :-)

              There's a link to the documentation from:

              http://www.pcgen-test.org/wiki/index.php?title=Users

              I've also added it to the front page now.