Re: [pcgen] [Bug] Skill points wonkiness

    Message 1 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
      Okay,

      Looking at the 3e set up...

      MONSKILL:3*INTSCORE

      What the hey?!?!!

      Shouldn't that be
      MONSKILL:3*INT
      ???

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Message 2 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
        Okay, I managed to fix the wonkiness...

        3e sure did have some weird rule sets...

        I'll open a data tracker, fix and commit.

        Andrew Maitland wrote:
        > Okay,
        >
        > Looking at the 3e set up...
        >
        > MONSKILL:3*INTSCORE
        >
        > What the hey?!?!!
        >
        > Shouldn't that be
        > MONSKILL:3*INT
        > ???
        >
        > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >

        > James Dempsey wrote:
        >
        >> Hi,
        >>
        >> Just as a control I created a human fighter with 10 int using 5.15.2. I get
        >> the expected 12 points at first level and 3 at second (Fighter 2 + Human 1).
        >> So it is working to some extent :)
        >>
        >> I think we need to explore further to find out why the fey faerie is getting
        >> the wrong value. What is the expected value and what is the breakdown? What
        >> are the values of the skill related tags for the race and the class? Is
        >> there a kit being applied? If so what has it got to say about skills and
        >> does it work if the kit is not applied?
        >>
        >> I haven't had a chance to examine the cloud giant yet, and am not yet
        >> certain if the skill point total I am seeing is correct or not and if it is
        >> incorrect what the contributing factors are.
        >>
        >> Cheers,
        >> James.
        >>
        >> 2008/9/9 Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...>
        >>

        >>> 5.15.2 -
        >>> Templates vs. Skill turned out to be false by James, but then Eddy said
        >>> it was affecting the skill pool on his test character.
        >>>
        >>> I create a new creature and the skills are wonky. My testing cases are
        >>> all with the Fey and Fighter. So something got messed up in the trunk.
        >>>
        >>> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        >>> ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
        >>> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin

      • Eddy Anthony
        Message 3 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
          MONSKILL:3*INTSCORE would not explain the results I saw with the 35e half
          dragon.

          Andrew Maitland scribed:

          --
          ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
          Message 4 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
            Unfortunately, no...

            But it's a start...

            Eddy Anthony wrote:
            > MONSKILL:3*INTSCORE would not explain the results I saw with the 35e half
            > dragon.
            >
            > Andrew Maitland scribed:
            >

            >> Okay, I managed to fix the wonkiness...
            >>
            >> 3e sure did have some weird rule sets...
            >>
            >> I'll open a data tracker, fix and commit.

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 9 , Sep 8, 2008
              On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 7:32 PM, Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:
              > Okay,
              >
              > Looking at the 3e set up...
              >
              > MONSKILL:3*INTSCORE
              >
              > What the hey?!?!!
              >
              > Shouldn't that be
              > MONSKILL:3*INT
              > ???

              In 3e? No.

              3*INTSCORE is correct.

              Fey 3xInt score +2/EHD

              And EHD is extra HD, which is a wonky formula based on RACETYPE and Size.

              PCGen LST Chimp