Re: No Resources - Linux Ubuntu Hardy

  • blue_lotus_eater
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008
      That is actually part of the problem, I have no Game Mode options.

      I also am using Sun's Java. Open Java is not on my system.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

      > Hi Glenn,
      >
      > Two thoughts: First, make sure you have a Game Mode selected. That is
      > a potential issue that would show an empty set of sources.
      >
      > If that is not the issue, you are probably facing a problem we are
      > seeing on Hardy Heron installations. At this point we are aware of
      > the issue, I have reproduced it, but have been unable to establish
      > what system contains the actual issue (I haven't had the time to
      > demonstrate that this is a PCGen problem, an Open Java problem, or an
      > Ubuntu Linux problem).
      >
      > To get PCGen to work on Hardy Heron, you need to make sure you have
      > Sun's Java installed, and you will likely have to remove Open Java
      > (see http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/pcgen/message/97555 among
      > other messages)
      >
      > Thanks.
      >
      > TP.
      >
      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "blue_lotus_eater" <biokanan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I have no idea why, but I cannot get any of the resources to show up.
      > > I have configured the directories multiple times, I have altered
      > > where my options file should go to all the possibilities. So yeah, I
      > > have a big empty screen when I start up, and nothing else. Any tips
      > > would be greatly appreciated.
      > >
      > > I checked the FAQ and ran a couple searches here, but nothing
      showed up.

      > > Thanks,
      > > Glenn

    • blue_lotus_eater
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2008
        Alright, here is what I did to get it to launch properly.

        Make a new file on your desktop or whatever.
        Name it PCGen.sh
        Then add the followig information to the file:

        #!/bin/bash
        cd ~/.pcgen/
        /usr/lib/jvm/java-6-sun/jre/bin/java -jar pcgen.jar

        This should work, so long as you copy all the PCGen files into the
        .pcgen folder.

        Found the solution on the Ubuntu forums.

        Now, I can load up my resources, but when I hit new character the
        program freezes. I'll try my desktop, if it works there, that'll be
        good enough.