Re: Advanced Learning

  • Burnie Fox
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 5, 2008
      5.14.1

      > Okay, well... I'm going to test it on my machine. Just curious what
      > version are you using?
      >
      > Okay, it worked for me:
      > Here is my Feat -
      > A-1 Advanced Learning Test
      > TYPE:General.ALL
      > CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation,CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      > MULT:YES
      > STACK:YES
      > SELECT:1
      >
      > Now, this was latest dev build, so once I know which version you are
      > using I'll test it in that version.
      >
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >

      > Burnie Fox wrote:
      > > Yes, except that it doesn't work. :)
      > >
      > > I tried:

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE],CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      > > Because I want wizard evocation spells, and the chooser does not fire.
      > >
      > > If I use:
      > >
      > > CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation,CLASSLIST=Wizard
      > >
      > > It fires, showing me all wizard evocations.
      > >
      > > Re-reading the doc, isn't SCHOOL an x variable? I thought z vars
      > > could only be paired with y vars. In other words x,y[z] was legal,
      > > but x[z],y[z] is not. What don't I get?
      > >
      > > FWIW, this doesn't work either:
      > >
      > > CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation,CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      > >
      > > I set MULT:YES and STACK:YES (since you get Advanced Learning a few
      > > times over the course of the level progression).
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Burnie

      > >> In order of answers:
      > >> 1- SELECT:1 should be default, but we should try to be thorough.
      > >> 2- MULT is required to make a CHOOSER fire.
      > >> 3- STACK is not required but handy to have, it should default to NO
      > >> 4- '|' pipe makes these separate, comma ',' ties them together.
      > >>
      > >> So the main difference is this

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]|CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      > >> I can choose any Evocation spells up to my max level OR Wizard
      Spell up
      > >> to my max level.

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE],CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      > >> I can choose From Only the School of Evocation found on the
      Wizard list
      > >> at my max level.
      > >>
      > >> Does that make sense?
      > >>
      > >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > >> ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      > >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin

      > > even

      > > square-brackets ([

      > > class.

      > > list,

      I see

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php

      > > Links

      > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/

      Links

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 14, 2008
        Yes, Tom, I forgot about the CLASSLIST with SPELLLIST interaction
        conversation we had. (I remembered there was something about the
        classlist and maxcastable causing problems).

        Reviewing the related bug trackers I found:
        2024451 SPELLTYPE ANY is not typed to an item correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2024451&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        2095568 CHOOSE:SPELLS not working correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2095568&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        2097495 CHOOSE:SPELLS (Ability) [MAXCASTABLE] null
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2097495&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        And I just created this:
        2110604 CHOOSE:SPELLS SPELLLIST in conjuction with CLASSLIST bug
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2110604&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        -If the PC has access to the Wizard list based on the SPELLLIST tag in
        the class, then it should succeed