Re: Advanced Learning

  • Burnie Fox
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 5, 2008
      Yes, except that it doesn't work. :)

      I tried:

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE],CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      Because I want wizard evocation spells, and the chooser does not fire.

      If I use:

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation,CLASSLIST=Wizard

      It fires, showing me all wizard evocations.

      Re-reading the doc, isn't SCHOOL an x variable? I thought z vars
      could only be paired with y vars. In other words x,y[z] was legal,
      but x[z],y[z] is not. What don't I get?

      FWIW, this doesn't work either:

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation,CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      I set MULT:YES and STACK:YES (since you get Advanced Learning a few
      times over the course of the level progression).

      Thanks,

      Burnie

      > In order of answers:
      > 1- SELECT:1 should be default, but we should try to be thorough.
      > 2- MULT is required to make a CHOOSER fire.
      > 3- STACK is not required but handy to have, it should default to NO
      > 4- '|' pipe makes these separate, comma ',' ties them together.
      >
      > So the main difference is this

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]|CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      > I can choose any Evocation spells up to my max level OR Wizard Spell up
      > to my max level.

      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE],CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      > I can choose From Only the School of Evocation found on the Wizard list
      > at my max level.
      >
      > Does that make sense?
      >
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >

      > Burnie Fox wrote:
      > > Hello,
      > >
      > > See below for answers:

      > >> I'm going to answer this piecemeal -
      > >> First the CHOOSER
      > >> Are you using SELECT:1 on the same line with the tag?
      > >>

      > > No. I thought it defaulted to "1" if not specified.
      > >

      > >> Are you using MULT:YES? (Simplistic and I doubt the chooser would
      even
      > >> fire, but let's cover our bases)
      > >>

      > > No. I guess I need to read about MULT next.
      > >

      > >> Are you using STACK:NO?
      > >>

      > > Nope. And STACK right after MULT, I guess.
      > >

      > >> That should fix the first part.
      > >>
      > >> Next,
      > >> CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      > >>
      > >> Is the proper method to have that set up. According to the docs.
      > >>

      > > OK.
      > >

      > >> The "z" variable *MUST* be contained within a set of
      square-brackets ([
      > >> ]) and paired with a single "y" variable. Only one set of square
      > >> brackets per "y" variable is allowed.
      > >>

      > > Ah.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Burnie
      > >

      > >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > >> ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      > >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin

      > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/

      Links

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 14, 2008
        Yes, Tom, I forgot about the CLASSLIST with SPELLLIST interaction
        conversation we had. (I remembered there was something about the
        classlist and maxcastable causing problems).

        Reviewing the related bug trackers I found:
        2024451 SPELLTYPE ANY is not typed to an item correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2024451&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        2095568 CHOOSE:SPELLS not working correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2095568&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        2097495 CHOOSE:SPELLS (Ability) [MAXCASTABLE] null
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2097495&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        And I just created this:
        2110604 CHOOSE:SPELLS SPELLLIST in conjuction with CLASSLIST bug
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2110604&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        -If the PC has access to the Wizard list based on the SPELLLIST tag in
        the class, then it should succeed