Re: Advanced Learning

  • Burnie Fox
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 5, 2008
      Hello,

      See below for answers:

      > I'm going to answer this piecemeal -
      > First the CHOOSER
      > Are you using SELECT:1 on the same line with the tag?

      No. I thought it defaulted to "1" if not specified.

      > Are you using MULT:YES? (Simplistic and I doubt the chooser would even
      > fire, but let's cover our bases)

      No. I guess I need to read about MULT next.

      > Are you using STACK:NO?

      Nope. And STACK right after MULT, I guess.

      > That should fix the first part.
      >
      > Next,
      > CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      > |CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      >
      > Is the proper method to have that set up. According to the docs.

      OK.

      > The "z" variable *MUST* be contained within a set of square-brackets ([
      > ]) and paired with a single "y" variable. Only one set of square
      > brackets per "y" variable is allowed.

      Ah.

      Thanks,

      Burnie

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 14, 2008
        Yes, Tom, I forgot about the CLASSLIST with SPELLLIST interaction
        conversation we had. (I remembered there was something about the
        classlist and maxcastable causing problems).

        Reviewing the related bug trackers I found:
        2024451 SPELLTYPE ANY is not typed to an item correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2024451&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        2095568 CHOOSE:SPELLS not working correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2095568&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        2097495 CHOOSE:SPELLS (Ability) [MAXCASTABLE] null
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2097495&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        And I just created this:
        2110604 CHOOSE:SPELLS SPELLLIST in conjuction with CLASSLIST bug
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2110604&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        -If the PC has access to the Wizard list based on the SPELLLIST tag in
        the class, then it should succeed