Re: Advanced Learning

  • Burnie Fox
    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 5, 2008
      No problem.

      Burnie

      > That "snarky" comment was to myself.
      >
      > I apologize if it came off as offensive to you.
      >
      > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
      >

      > Burnie Fox wrote:
      > > Was this shot:
      > >
      > > "It does help to read the docs fully."
      > >
      > > really necessary?
      > >
      > > I come to this forum for help and I have to deal with this
      > > childishness? If you don't want to help, then don't help. But I
      > > don't need your snarky commentary.

      > >> The alternative is
      > >> CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      > >> ,CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      > >>
      > >> Which should also work. It does help to read the docs fully.
      > >>
      > >> ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      > >> ~ Admin Silverback, PCGen Board of Directors
      > >> ~ Data Chimp, Tracker Gibbon, Docs Tamarin

      > > even

      > > square-brackets ([

      > > class.

      > > list,

      > > parameter

      > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/

      Links

      > > http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/

      Links

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 14, 2008
        Yes, Tom, I forgot about the CLASSLIST with SPELLLIST interaction
        conversation we had. (I remembered there was something about the
        classlist and maxcastable causing problems).

        Reviewing the related bug trackers I found:
        2024451 SPELLTYPE ANY is not typed to an item correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2024451&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        2095568 CHOOSE:SPELLS not working correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2095568&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        2097495 CHOOSE:SPELLS (Ability) [MAXCASTABLE] null
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2097495&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        And I just created this:
        2110604 CHOOSE:SPELLS SPELLLIST in conjuction with CLASSLIST bug
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2110604&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        -If the PC has access to the Wizard list based on the SPELLLIST tag in
        the class, then it should succeed