Re: [pcgen] Advanced Learning

    Message 1 of 35 , Sep 5, 2008
      I'm going to answer this piecemeal -
      First the CHOOSER
      Are you using SELECT:1 on the same line with the tag?
      Are you using MULT:YES? (Simplistic and I doubt the chooser would even
      fire, but let's cover our bases)
      Are you using STACK:NO?
      That should fix the first part.

      Next,
      CHOOSE:SPELLS|SCHOOL=Evocation[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]
      |CLASSLIST=Wizard[LEVELMAX=MAXCASTABLE]

      Is the proper method to have that set up. According to the docs.

      The "z" variable *MUST* be contained within a set of square-brackets ([
      ]) and paired with a single "y" variable. Only one set of square
      brackets per "y" variable is allowed.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      Message 35 of 35 , Sep 14, 2008
        Yes, Tom, I forgot about the CLASSLIST with SPELLLIST interaction
        conversation we had. (I remembered there was something about the
        classlist and maxcastable causing problems).

        Reviewing the related bug trackers I found:
        2024451 SPELLTYPE ANY is not typed to an item correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2024451&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        2095568 CHOOSE:SPELLS not working correctly
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2095568&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        2097495 CHOOSE:SPELLS (Ability) [MAXCASTABLE] null
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2097495&group_id=25576&atid=384719>

        And I just created this:
        2110604 CHOOSE:SPELLS SPELLLIST in conjuction with CLASSLIST bug
        <http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2110604&group_id=25576&atid=384719>
        -If the PC has access to the Wizard list based on the SPELLLIST tag in
        the class, then it should succeed