Re: [pcgen] DM Gifted Skills

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      Depends -

      Do you want it to be a Bonus?
      Do you want it to be an actual Rank?
      Is it a pool just for the player to choose, or is it a specific skill?

      Easiest method - in the gui just grant the extra points -
      - drawback (Character shows excessive points in skills and you are
      limited to the class maximums.)

      Next method - BONUS:SKILLPOOL needs to be added before the character
      gains a level though

      Direct Method - Make a Template or Ability or whatever you really want.
      I like templates cause I can add/remove and mod the skills whenever a
      change is needed.

      BONUS:SKILL|<SkillName>|x

      i.e. BONUS:SKILL|Tumble|5
      Grants +5 to the Tumble Skill. NOTE this is a bonus, not skill ranks.

      BONUS:SKILLRANK|Tumble|5
      Would grant 5 skill ranks to the skill, though I think it will only go
      to the max allowed skill ranks.

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"