DM Gifted Skills

  • Kenneth Michael Teague
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
      I have a question. How can you add DM Gifted Skills to the character
      within PCGEN? These would be skills that are not part of the regular
      Level skill point allotment.

      Ken
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2008
        Depends -

        Do you want it to be a Bonus?
        Do you want it to be an actual Rank?
        Is it a pool just for the player to choose, or is it a specific skill?

        Easiest method - in the gui just grant the extra points -
        - drawback (Character shows excessive points in skills and you are
        limited to the class maximums.)

        Next method - BONUS:SKILLPOOL needs to be added before the character
        gains a level though

        Direct Method - Make a Template or Ability or whatever you really want.
        I like templates cause I can add/remove and mod the skills whenever a
        change is needed.

        BONUS:SKILL|<SkillName>|x

        i.e. BONUS:SKILL|Tumble|5
        Grants +5 to the Tumble Skill. NOTE this is a bonus, not skill ranks.

        BONUS:SKILLRANK|Tumble|5
        Would grant 5 skill ranks to the skill, though I think it will only go
        to the max allowed skill ranks.

        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"