Re: [pcgen] Re: [Tom] Abilities follow up

    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 21, 2008
      Yes, the docs would support that, as does my memory of the discussion. TYPE was a pull in filter if memory serves... (My apologies to both Tom and Tir) When I replied I had thought it was Tom, so I automatically thought the TYPE was correct and had somehow been changed.

      ABILITYCAT and CAT being the same name makes a "superset" or 'Parent set'.

      Tom Parker <thpr@...> wrote:
      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland wrote:
      > Tir Gwaith wrote:
      > > If you do an ABILITYCATEGORY with CATEGORY and no TYPE, it is
      > > considered Parent. CATEGORY:FEAT has the Parent "FEAT" for backward
      > > compatibility. Setting it without that will cause issues.

      I'm not entirely sure of that. It's weird to have something without a
      TYPE (subset == superset), but not invalid.

      I believe setting the name to equal the CATEGORY is what defines a
      "parent" or "universalset" (depending on your terminology)

      TP.