Re: Year of the Zombie info.

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
      Thanks for the heads up Tir,

      I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.

      We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
      see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
      data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
      IIRC).

      > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
      >
      > --
      > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
      > horror, brutality and profanity.
      > --
      >

      > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@...>
      wrote:
      > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
      > >
      > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
      > >
      > > General inquiry email is:
      > >
      > > enquiries@...
      > >

      > --
      > Tir Gwaith
      > PCGen LST Chimp

    • Doctor X
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
        Just asked the author who to contact, gave me this email.

        kevin.scott@...

        wrote:

        > New one to contact please - K
        >
        > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
        > >
        > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
        > >
        > > General inquiry email is:
        > >
        > > enquiries@
        > >

        > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
        > > wrote:
        > > >
        > > > We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see
        what
        > > > permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
        > > > publisher is?

        > asked
        > idea,"

        > don't I'm

      • Doctor X
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
          What was the other one, if you don't mind my asking?

          wrote:

          > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
          >
          > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.
          >
          > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
          > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
          > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
          > IIRC).

          > > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
          > >
          > > --
          > > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
          > > horror, brutality and profanity.
          > > --
          > >

          > > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@>
          > wrote:
          > > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
          > > >
          > > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
          > > >
          > > > General inquiry email is:
          > > >
          > > > enquiries@
          > > >

          > > --
          > > Tir Gwaith
          > > PCGen LST Chimp

        • Eric C. Smith
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
            Hi Folks!

            Kar wrote:

            > New one to contact please - K
            >
            > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
            > >
            > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
            > >
            > > General inquiry email is:
            > >
            > > enquiries@

            Will do. I checked out their website the other day and plan on talking to them after Gen Con.
            (I'm trying real hard not to break my momentum for Gen Con . . . :-) )

            Eric C Smith
            PR Silverback
            PCGen Project
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
              > What was the other one, if you don't mind my asking?

              BoEF, it raised an interesting debate about whether we should be the
              moral police or not, I think we decided that we wouldn't do it
              ourselves but that we should put something in place for those that did
              and those that wanted to be able to filter it out. IIRC it's what
              gave rise to the mature flag/tag functionality that we have.

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
              > >
              > > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.
              > >
              > > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
              > > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
              > > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
              > > IIRC).

              > > > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
              > > >
              > > > --
              > > > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
              > > > horror, brutality and profanity.
              > > > --

              > > > --
              > > > Tir Gwaith
              > > > PCGen LST Chimp

            • Eric C. Smith
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Doctor X" <captaindefenestrator@...> wrote:

                > Just asked the author who to contact, gave me this email.
                >
                > kevin.scott@...

                Thanks!

                Eric
              • Tir Gwaith
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                  On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Martijn Verburg
                  <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                  > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
                  >
                  > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.

                  I don't recall that, but not something I think about daily. :p

                  > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                  > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                  > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                  > IIRC).

                  Two, one for the theme, another for PI /mechanics complications.

                  PCGen LST Chimp
                • Caleb Ulfers
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 10, 2008
                    Just curious, but what is the BoEF?
                     Caleb Ulfers

                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 10, 2008
                      Book of Erotic Fantasy

                      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                      Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                      > Just curious, but what is the BoEF?
                      > Caleb Ulfers

                    • Eric C Smith
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 29 8:29 PM
                        Hi Folks!

                        Just wanted to post here that we now have permission to include data
                        sets for UKG Publishing's Year of the Zombie product line.

                        Now, if there happens to be a data monkey who owns the source and
                        wishes to convert it to LST code, PCgen can now distribute the set.
                        Any interested parties should coordinate with our Content SB, Eddy
                        Anthony.

                        If you own the source and and have been thinking about contributing
                        to the PCGen effort but have never lst coded such a source, now is
                        your opportunity! Pop on over to PCGenLSTFileHelp@Yahoo!, <http://
                        tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/>, and we can help get
                        you started!

                        ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                        ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Tamarin
                        ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon