[ERIC] [PR] Re: Year of the Zombie info.

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
      New one to contact please - K

      > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
      >
      > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
      >
      > General inquiry email is:
      >
      > enquiries@...
      >

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see what
      > > permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
      > > publisher is?

      > > > I've been trying to find "Year of the Zombie" info for PCGen. I
      asked
      > > > the author of the game why there isn't any and he responded "No
      idea,"
      > > > so presumably, it seems no one's gotten around to it yet.
      > > >
      > > > If I had any idea how to code, I'd do it myself, but since I
      don't I'm
      > > > asking here if anyone's made files for it at home that they'd be
      > > > willing to share.

    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
        Thanks for the heads up Tir,

        I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.

        We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
        see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
        data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
        IIRC).

        > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
        >
        > --
        > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
        > horror, brutality and profanity.
        > --
        >

        > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@...>
        wrote:
        > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
        > >
        > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
        > >
        > > General inquiry email is:
        > >
        > > enquiries@...
        > >

        > --
        > Tir Gwaith
        > PCGen LST Chimp

      • Doctor X
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
          Just asked the author who to contact, gave me this email.

          kevin.scott@...

          wrote:

          > New one to contact please - K
          >
          > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
          > >
          > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
          > >
          > > General inquiry email is:
          > >
          > > enquiries@
          > >

          > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
          > > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see
          what
          > > > permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
          > > > publisher is?

          > asked
          > idea,"

          > don't I'm

        • Doctor X
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
            What was the other one, if you don't mind my asking?

            wrote:

            > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
            >
            > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.
            >
            > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
            > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
            > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
            > IIRC).

            > > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
            > >
            > > --
            > > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
            > > horror, brutality and profanity.
            > > --
            > >

            > > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@>
            > wrote:
            > > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
            > > >
            > > > General inquiry email is:
            > > >
            > > > enquiries@
            > > >

            > > --
            > > Tir Gwaith
            > > PCGen LST Chimp

          • Eric C. Smith
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
              Hi Folks!

              Kar wrote:

              > New one to contact please - K
              >
              > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
              > >
              > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
              > >
              > > General inquiry email is:
              > >
              > > enquiries@

              Will do. I checked out their website the other day and plan on talking to them after Gen Con.
              (I'm trying real hard not to break my momentum for Gen Con . . . :-) )

              Eric C Smith
              PR Silverback
              PCGen Project
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                > What was the other one, if you don't mind my asking?

                BoEF, it raised an interesting debate about whether we should be the
                moral police or not, I think we decided that we wouldn't do it
                ourselves but that we should put something in place for those that did
                and those that wanted to be able to filter it out. IIRC it's what
                gave rise to the mature flag/tag functionality that we have.

                > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                > wrote:
                > >
                > > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
                > >
                > > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.
                > >
                > > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                > > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                > > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                > > IIRC).

                > > > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
                > > >
                > > > --
                > > > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
                > > > horror, brutality and profanity.
                > > > --

                > > > --
                > > > Tir Gwaith
                > > > PCGen LST Chimp

              • Eric C. Smith
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                  --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Doctor X" <captaindefenestrator@...> wrote:

                  > Just asked the author who to contact, gave me this email.
                  >
                  > kevin.scott@...

                  Thanks!

                  Eric
                • Tir Gwaith
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                    On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Martijn Verburg
                    <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                    > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
                    >
                    > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.

                    I don't recall that, but not something I think about daily. :p

                    > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                    > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                    > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                    > IIRC).

                    Two, one for the theme, another for PI /mechanics complications.

                    PCGen LST Chimp
                  • Caleb Ulfers
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 10, 2008
                      Just curious, but what is the BoEF?
                       Caleb Ulfers

                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 10, 2008
                        Book of Erotic Fantasy

                        ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                        "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                        Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                        > Just curious, but what is the BoEF?
                        > Caleb Ulfers

                      • Eric C Smith
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 29, 2008
                          Hi Folks!

                          Just wanted to post here that we now have permission to include data
                          sets for UKG Publishing's Year of the Zombie product line.

                          Now, if there happens to be a data monkey who owns the source and
                          wishes to convert it to LST code, PCgen can now distribute the set.
                          Any interested parties should coordinate with our Content SB, Eddy
                          Anthony.

                          If you own the source and and have been thinking about contributing
                          to the PCGen effort but have never lst coded such a source, now is
                          your opportunity! Pop on over to PCGenLSTFileHelp@Yahoo!, <http://
                          tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/>, and we can help get
                          you started!

                          ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                          ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Tamarin
                          ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon