Pathfinder - Abadar - Crossbow

  • Dave Cheever
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
      A point in the correct location please. When loading the 3.5RSRD and the Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide in PCGEn 5.15.0 an advisory appears as follows:

      SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: WeaponProf Crossbow

      I assume that this is because of the inclusion of "Crossbow" as the favored weapon of Abadar in the rrpg_dieties.lst as follows:

      DEITYWEAP:Crossbow

      and the fact that there is no entry in the rrsd.weaponprofs.list in the 3.5RSRD for just "Crossbow". It is either Crossbow (Heavy) or Crossbow (Light) etc.

      Why was a type of crossbow not specified like was done with the entry for Asmodeus which is right below it in the rrpg_dieties.lst of the Players Guide:

      DEITYWEAP:Mace (Heavy)|Mace (Light)

      Is this for compatibility with a specific future Pathfinder mode? Should I be loading something else as well? Was it just missed?

      Any guidance or hints?

      Takeyabue

    • Stefan Radermacher
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 6, 2008
        Hi Dave,

        this is indeed an error and will be corrected in an upcoming release. For now,
        you can indeed fix the file by replacing

        DEITYWEAP:Crossbow

        with

        DEITYWEAP:Crossbow(Heavy)|Crossbow (Light)

        Regards,
        Stefan.

        On Thursday 07 August 2008 07:20:19 Dave Cheever wrote:
        > A point in the correct location please. When loading the 3.5RSRD and the
        > Paizo - Rise of the Runelords Player's Guide in PCGEn 5.15.0 an advisory
        > appears as follows:
        >
        > SEVERE Unconstructed Reference: WeaponProf Crossbow
        >
        > I assume that this is because of the inclusion of "Crossbow" as the favored
        > weapon of Abadar in the rrpg_dieties.lst as follows:
        >
        > DEITYWEAP:Crossbow
        >
        > and the fact that there is no entry in the rrsd.weaponprofs.list in the
        > 3.5RSRD for just "Crossbow". It is either Crossbow (Heavy) or Crossbow
        > (Light) etc.
        >
        > Why was a type of crossbow not specified like was done with the entry for
        > Asmodeus which is right below it in the rrpg_dieties.lst of the Players
        > Guide:
        >
        > DEITYWEAP:Mace (Heavy)|Mace (Light)
        >
        > Is this for compatibility with a specific future Pathfinder mode? Should I
        > be loading something else as well? Was it just missed?
        >

        > Any guidance or hints?
        >
        > Takeyabue

        Happiness is the Road
        http://www.marillion.com