Year of the Zombie info.

  • Doctor X
    Message 1 of 15 , Aug 5, 2008
      I've been trying to find "Year of the Zombie" info for PCGen. I asked
      the author of the game why there isn't any and he responded "No idea,"
      so presumably, it seems no one's gotten around to it yet.

      If I had any idea how to code, I'd do it myself, but since I don't I'm
      asking here if anyone's made files for it at home that they'd be
      willing to share.
    • Martijn Verburg
      Message 2 of 15 , Aug 6, 2008
        We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see what
        permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
        publisher is?

        > I've been trying to find "Year of the Zombie" info for PCGen. I asked
        > the author of the game why there isn't any and he responded "No idea,"
        > so presumably, it seems no one's gotten around to it yet.
        >
        > If I had any idea how to code, I'd do it myself, but since I don't I'm
        > asking here if anyone's made files for it at home that they'd be
        > willing to share.

      • Doctor X
        Message 3 of 15 , Aug 6, 2008
          It's put out by UKG Publishing.

          http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/

          General inquiry email is:

          enquiries@...

          wrote:

          > We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see what
          > permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
          > publisher is?

          > > I've been trying to find "Year of the Zombie" info for PCGen. I asked
          > > the author of the game why there isn't any and he responded "No idea,"
          > > so presumably, it seems no one's gotten around to it yet.
          > >
          > > If I had any idea how to code, I'd do it myself, but since I don't I'm
          > > asking here if anyone's made files for it at home that they'd be
          > > willing to share.

        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
            Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:

            --
            Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
            horror, brutality and profanity.

            On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@...> wrote:
            > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
            >
            > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
            >
            > General inquiry email is:
            >
            > enquiries@...

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
              New one to contact please - K

              > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
              >
              > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
              >
              > General inquiry email is:
              >
              > enquiries@...
              >

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see what
              > > permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
              > > publisher is?

              > > > I've been trying to find "Year of the Zombie" info for PCGen. I
              asked
              > > > the author of the game why there isn't any and he responded "No
              idea,"
              > > > so presumably, it seems no one's gotten around to it yet.
              > > >
              > > > If I had any idea how to code, I'd do it myself, but since I
              don't I'm
              > > > asking here if anyone's made files for it at home that they'd be
              > > > willing to share.

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                Thanks for the heads up Tir,

                I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.

                We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                IIRC).

                > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
                >
                > --
                > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
                > horror, brutality and profanity.
                > --
                >

                > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@...>
                wrote:
                > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
                > >
                > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
                > >
                > > General inquiry email is:
                > >
                > > enquiries@...
                > >

                > --
                > Tir Gwaith
                > PCGen LST Chimp

              • Doctor X
                Message 7 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                  Just asked the author who to contact, gave me this email.

                  kevin.scott@...

                  wrote:

                  > New one to contact please - K
                  >
                  > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
                  > >
                  > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
                  > >
                  > > General inquiry email is:
                  > >
                  > > enquiries@
                  > >

                  > > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > We need to contact the publisher for this data set first and see
                  what
                  > > > permissions they are willing to give us. Do you know who the
                  > > > publisher is?

                  > asked
                  > idea,"

                  > don't I'm

                • Doctor X
                  Message 8 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                    What was the other one, if you don't mind my asking?

                    wrote:

                    > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
                    >
                    > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.
                    >
                    > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                    > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                    > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                    > IIRC).

                    > > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
                    > >
                    > > --
                    > > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
                    > > horror, brutality and profanity.
                    > > --
                    > >

                    > > On Wed, Aug 6, 2008 at 9:19 PM, Doctor X <captaindefenestrator@>
                    > wrote:
                    > > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
                    > > >
                    > > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
                    > > >
                    > > > General inquiry email is:
                    > > >
                    > > > enquiries@
                    > > >

                    > > --
                    > > Tir Gwaith
                    > > PCGen LST Chimp

                  • Eric C. Smith
                    Message 9 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                      Hi Folks!

                      Kar wrote:

                      > New one to contact please - K
                      >
                      > > It's put out by UKG Publishing.
                      > >
                      > > http://www.ukg-publishing.co.uk/
                      > >
                      > > General inquiry email is:
                      > >
                      > > enquiries@

                      Will do. I checked out their website the other day and plan on talking to them after Gen Con.
                      (I'm trying real hard not to break my momentum for Gen Con . . . :-) )

                      Eric C Smith
                      PR Silverback
                      PCGen Project
                    • Martijn Verburg
                      Message 10 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                        > What was the other one, if you don't mind my asking?

                        BoEF, it raised an interesting debate about whether we should be the
                        moral police or not, I think we decided that we wouldn't do it
                        ourselves but that we should put something in place for those that did
                        and those that wanted to be able to filter it out. IIRC it's what
                        gave rise to the mature flag/tag functionality that we have.

                        > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
                        > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
                        > >
                        > > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.
                        > >
                        > > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                        > > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                        > > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                        > > IIRC).

                        > > > Please note, from their "More Info Page" on YotZ:
                        > > >
                        > > > --
                        > > > Year of the Zombie is recommended for Mature Audiences only, due to
                        > > > horror, brutality and profanity.
                        > > > --

                        > > > --
                        > > > Tir Gwaith
                        > > > PCGen LST Chimp

                      • Eric C. Smith
                        Message 11 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Doctor X" <captaindefenestrator@...> wrote:

                          > Just asked the author who to contact, gave me this email.
                          >
                          > kevin.scott@...

                          Thanks!

                          Eric
                        • Tir Gwaith
                          Message 12 of 15 , Aug 7, 2008
                            On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 10:00 AM, Martijn Verburg
                            <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                            > Thanks for the heads up Tir,
                            >
                            > I think we have a maturity tag/flag thing so that it can be filtered.

                            I don't recall that, but not something I think about daily. :p

                            > We'll have to get a few team members to read through the material to
                            > see if it's going to raise eyebrows if we release it as an official
                            > data set (we've only said no to one data set in the history of PCGen
                            > IIRC).

                            Two, one for the theme, another for PI /mechanics complications.

                            PCGen LST Chimp
                          • Caleb Ulfers
                            Message 13 of 15 , Aug 10, 2008
                              Just curious, but what is the BoEF?
                               Caleb Ulfers

                              Message 14 of 15 , Aug 10, 2008
                                Book of Erotic Fantasy

                                ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                                "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                                Caleb Ulfers wrote:
                                > Just curious, but what is the BoEF?
                                > Caleb Ulfers

                              • Eric C Smith
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 29, 2008
                                  Hi Folks!

                                  Just wanted to post here that we now have permission to include data
                                  sets for UKG Publishing's Year of the Zombie product line.

                                  Now, if there happens to be a data monkey who owns the source and
                                  wishes to convert it to LST code, PCgen can now distribute the set.
                                  Any interested parties should coordinate with our Content SB, Eddy
                                  Anthony.

                                  If you own the source and and have been thinking about contributing
                                  to the PCGen effort but have never lst coded such a source, now is
                                  your opportunity! Pop on over to PCGenLSTFileHelp@Yahoo!, <http://
                                  tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/PCGenListFileHelp/>, and we can help get
                                  you started!

                                  ~ Eric C Smith (Maredudd)
                                  ~ Documentation 2nd, Data Tamarin
                                  ~ PL Chimp, OGL Gibbon