Re: [pcgen] Re: My transition to D&D 4.0 with PCGen

  • David R. Bender
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
      Not a problem with the Moderators.

      Questions can be asked about non-ogl sources, but we ask that you try
      and answer in a more general manner. Also, no file sharing, nor posting
      to the PCGen lists about file sharing, or where files might be located.
      *That* would bring the wrath of the moderators out!!

      Also, if you need to discuss how to create lst items, please take it to
      pcgenlistfilehlp.

      Thanks

      David
      Papa.DRB
      Moderator

      Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
      My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

      Felonius Stark wrote:
      > We're getting dangerously close to non-ogl, and the sheets you
      > uploaded are pretty much completely non-ogl. Just to give you a
      > head's up before a moderator does.
    • thaldorf
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
        > Not how I was handling Skills, but that hardly matters. The one thing
        > I will say is that it looks like all of your trained skills are 1
        > higher than they should be. I'm assuming that you're giving a +5
        > bonus to trained skills, and forgetting that 1 Rank will be factored
        > in, giving you a +6 total. (Nature would be the key indicator of
        > this... +5 for training and +2 for 1/2 level = +7). I actually just
        > have skill training adding 5 ranks (I have it as another ABILITY).

        Well, Nature is a class skill and then trained, it has a +10 total
        from +5 training, +2 ability bonus (WIS = 14) + 2 from half level,
        YEP, you are right, I need to adjust the training bonus to +4 so
        compensate the +1 from rank.

        The way I handled the skills it was just pretty easy, first of all, at
        the level.lst (gamemode) I limited the skill to 1 as maximum level,
        then at the skills.lst I added a +5 bonus if the skill is selected or
        trained.

        > How are you handling Multi-Classing feats? (Specifically the later
        > "power swap" ones?)

        I am not there yet, but it is just another feat, I do not foresee any
        problem so far. All you have to do is make sure each feat has their
        respective prerequisites.

        > We're getting dangerously close to non-ogl, and the sheets you
        > uploaded are pretty much completely non-ogl. Just to give you a
        > head's up before a moderator does.

        As far as I remember, I read that there is no violation of anything if
        I do not share the datasets, since I am doing it myself. I do not see
        any difference with that and using a blank paper then filing
        information by hand.
      • thaldorf
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 1, 2008
          > PS: I'm very happy to see that individual users are able to code up
          > their own datasets and get various other types of game modes workign,
          > it's a credit to the project team for making PCGen that flexible and
          > credit to you guys for your LST coding skills!
          >
          > PPS: Want a job? PCGen will happily take on more volunteers!

          What do you expect? PCGen is an awesome tool, since I am not good
          quitting things, I just made it work my way, even when I do not
          consider myself a competent programmer.

          Btw, I fixed the characters and posted them again, this is a work in
          progress, some mistakes could be found on the way.