Making Monsters That Match The SRD

  • allencohn
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 21, 2008
      Hi folks,

      Is there a quick way to make a monster that matches the SRD?

      I know I can click "create monster" after picking the race, but I still
      have to equip the beast, choose feats and skills, and double check hit
      points.

      Thanks,
      Allen
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 21, 2008
        allencohn wrote:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > Is there a quick way to make a monster that matches the SRD?
        >
        > I know I can click "create monster" after picking the race, but I still
        > have to equip the beast, choose feats and skills, and double check hit
        > points.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Allen

        Check the Hit Points window in preferences, you need to set that to
        "average" and make sure that "Do not apply to Racial Hit Dice" is
        checked if "Maximum HP at first level" is checked. That will ensure that
        for the most part HP will match the SRD.

        You can click "Create Monster/Add Kit" without first selecting a race,
        that will give you the full list of Default monsters to choose from. The
        Default Monster Kits will assign feats, skills equipment and other
        options to make it match the SRD. The kits should also automatically
        equip the gear.

        The Default Monster kits do their best to make a critter that matches
        the source but this is not always possible, some of the creatures in the
        SRD violate the rules (to many skill points or feats, etc..). We did the
        best we could.

        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)
      • allencohn
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 21, 2008
          That is fantastic. Thanks!

          Is there any documentation on what kits are, what kits are included,
          how to make my own?

          Thanks,
          Allen

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 21, 2008
            Um, did you try the documentation? :p

            Starting Kit tags are in the tag list... though an actual class may be
            in the works if not already present.

            Getting our busy Lst monkeys to help write the docs is tough... like
            herding cats you might even say...

            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 21, 2008
              Strangely enough, I did. :p

              With your help, I now find some documentation buried deep within the
              LST tag documentation...something entitled, "Starting Kit Files". But
              it doesn't explain what kits are and what they're used for...

              Consider this a suggestion for the next round of documentation. :-)

              Allen

              > Um, did you try the documentation? :p

            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 22, 2008