BoD Log 7/14/08

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 14, 2008
      [Chair]Eddy: I've got 10pm, let's begin
      [Chair]Eddy: Greetings everyone,
      [Chair]Eddy: The agenda after we do reports:
      [Chair]Eddy: 1) 5.14.1 go/no go. Looks good for Data and OS, Eric are the
      Docs go?
      [Chair]Eddy: 2) Timeframe for 5.16, is there a target date for the next
      production release?
      [Chair]Eddy: 3) FREQ Spec process at experimental - I've been trying my best
      to keep things moving forward, got some comments that we're moving to fast.
      Should we make any changes to the process?
      [Chair]Eddy: 4) Website, the wiki specifically. Seems like this is working
      and ready to go, shall we start transferring content from the SF wiki to the
      new one?
      [Chair]Eddy: I'll start, Content Report, first report for 5.16

      [Chair]Eddy: Docs
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc Bugs: 1 for 5.16 (2 total)
      [Chair]Eddy: Doc FREQs: 48 for 5.16 (56 total)
      [Chair]Eddy: Output Sheets
      [Chair]Eddy: OS Bugs: 5 for 5.16 (5 total)
      [Chair]Eddy: OS FREQs: 36 for 5.16 (42 total) (This will have to be cut back
      drastically unless we get some new volunteers working on new sheets.
      [Chair]Eddy: I need to see some comments about the OS Feature Scope post so
      I can set some goals, if I'm the only one bothered by the things I posted
      about I'll take that off the table.

      [Chair]Eddy: Data
      [Chair]Eddy: Data Bugs: 12 for 5.16 (30 Total)
      [Chair]Eddy: These need to be reviewed, most of these are old and have been
      defered because they need some code support, we should at lease get specs
      for what is needed even if the code work will not be done this cycle.

      [Chair]Eddy: Data FREQs: 84 for 5.16 (153 Total), also need to be reviewed
      [Chair]Eddy: New Source Development: 14 for 5.16 (20 Total), these need to
      be cut down to those actually being worked on
      [Chair]Eddy: James can't make it tonight, I'll post his report for the Code
      team here for the record:
      [Chair]Eddy: * Bug squashing for 5.14.1 continued. Current tally is 3 bugs
      outstanding, none of which are blockers for release - they can all be moved
      to the 5.16 bucket without any significant effect.
      [Chair]Eddy: * The 5.14.1 RC2 release went out last week and since then more
      time has been put into the trunk.
      [Chair]Eddy: * Tom's token conversion has remained on hold over the past two
      weeks and instead there has been a lot of discussion on Pathfinder and 4e
      requirements. The overhaul of the sources tab has started, with the
      background work to get the data capabilities in place first progressing
      well.
      [Chair]Eddy: * Connor's work on the new UI continues in a separate branch
      (assuming Connor is there do you have anything to add here?).
      [Chair]Eddy: * A new Java UI developer, Michael Katz joined the team last
      week. We still have to get him up to speed.
      [Chair]Eddy: * The new priorities for code requests are in place but only
      the 5.16 trackers have had the new ordering applied as yet. The 6.0 and
      later scheduled requests need to be set to 5 and moved to unscheduled in
      advance of a scheduling exercise for 6.0
      [Chair]Eddy: End of James's report
      [Chair]Eddy: Did every get the full lines from that?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: yes
      [Admin]Andrew: yes
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Yep.
      [Chair]Eddy: thanks
      [Chair]Eddy: any questions?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Note on Doc FREQs and Bugs for 5.14.1 . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: One left for each and I'm planning on closing those shortly
      . . .
      [Arch_SB]thpr: only comment is that I partially stomped one of the code bugs
      earlier this eve. So FEAT(DEITYWEAPON) will work as long as the DEITYWEAPON
      isn't ANY or ALL (it used to fail if there was more than one favored weapon)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Do you know if there are any notes in the docs on that
      issue?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: no idea
      [Arch_SB]thpr: but it might not hurt to mention that ANY/ALL will fail
      [Arch_SB]thpr: the same situation exists in ADD:WEAPONPROF|DEITYWEAPONS
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I'll look around and if a change bneeds to be made I'll
      take care of it.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: thx
      [Chair]Eddy: We also have a few OS and DATA trackers still set for 5.14, but
      we can move or close all of those
      [Chair]Eddy: I'll do that after the meeting
      [Chair]Eddy: Eric, shall we go to PR next?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Ok.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Press Releases went out on schedule for 5.14.1 RC2.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Not a lo of additional work done in the PR team, beyond
      building up to Gen Con.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: We do have a number of datasets that should be ready for
      OGL, so we will shortly tackle those.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Thats it for the PR team, unless Paul G has any additions .
      . . :-)
      [OGL]Nylanfs: Nothing from me
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Then my report is done unless there are any questions on
      Gen Con . . .
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Oh, and a riminder to answer the interview questions I sent
      out a couple of weeks ago . .. :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: Opps, sorry, I'll get on that
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok, Andrew, how ADMIN?
      [Admin]Andrew: Ok
      [Admin]Andrew: I really don't have much to report this go around
      [Admin]Andrew: Trackers have been bonkers with the reordering
      [Admin]Andrew: I'll be helping out the Code Team with getting that situated
      as my time permits
      [Admin]Andrew: Web Wiki - Well that's an agenda item so I'll skip that
      [Admin]Andrew: Release, we're on time and I feel good to go for RC 3 and
      final production
      [Admin]Andrew: Next release is when James is set up and ready...
      [Admin]Andrew: Otherwise my priority time is getting both Data Sets ready
      for the Rise of the Rune Lords for Eric
      [Admin]Andrew: Any questions?
      [Chair]Eddy: not here
      [Admin]Andrew: If no questions - then I think Arch is next up....
      [Chair]Eddy: yup
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I've been a bit swamped by work, so as James' report pointed
      out, not much code out of me lately
      [Admin]Andrew: And dinner is here.... so I'll be slow to respond...
      [Arch_SB]thpr: There is an arch doc (0.6) out on -devel, but like previous
      drafts, it's drawn mostly crickets
      [Arch_SB]thpr: The most interesting thing is the list discussions on
      _experimental
      [Arch_SB]thpr: there are a few different mental models running around, and
      there are some potentially significant impacts to the CDOM plan and even to
      items in 5.16
      [Admin]Andrew: I've read both Arch Docs, not much for me to comment on,
      they're top notch in reading. :)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: It's gating skill list changes for Pathfinder
      [Arch_SB]thpr: There are also tokens that I don't want to spend the time on
      in the Trunk until I know the list system is stable
      [Arch_SB]thpr: otherwise I do work twice, which I'm really not into
      [Arch_SB]thpr: So the focus right now is really on those spec items, and
      code 2nd
      irc: [Admin]Andrew is now known as AFK[Admin]Drew
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I can't think of anything else from my side
      [Chair]Eddy: Shall we move on to the agenda items then?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Certainly . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: 1) 5.14.1 go/no go
      [Chair]Eddy: Data is go
      [Arch_SB]thpr: go
      [Chair]Eddy: OS is go
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: PR say Go.
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Doc say Go
      [Arch_SB]thpr: James already said go on the BoD list
      [Chair]Eddy: I'm heading James advice for that base.xml idea and l;eaving it
      as is
      [Chair]Eddy: Then we're go, Eric you're finishing up doc work tonight and
      then James is clear to put 5.14.1 out
      [Chair]Eddy: nice
      [Chair]Eddy: 2) Timeframe for 5.16, is there a target date for the next
      production release?
      AFK[Admin]Drew: Admin Go
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I think the point here is really balancing FREQs vs. date
      [Arch_SB]thpr: with the FREQ count we have right now, it's going to take a
      while
      [Chair]Eddy: right, question is, do we have a date?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I had thought we set one a few months ago
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I'd really like it if we could get it out by April 30,
      2009.
      [Arch_SB]thpr: but perhaps my memory is off
      [Arch_SB]thpr: oh gosh, I hope it doesn't take until April
      [Chair]Eddy: The data and OS FREQs are packed, they will take a while
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: :-) Good . . .
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I'd much rather do less and release faster
      [Arch_SB]thpr: I really think if the lists are too long, they should be
      triaged
      [Chair]Eddy: The thing is for the last few years it HAS taken about a year
      to turn a production release
      [Arch_SB]thpr: which is fine, but I think we should be targeting faster than
      that
      [Arch_SB]thpr: if we plan for a year, it will be 2
      [Chair]Eddy: so the question is do we want to try and change that and shoot
      for a 6 month turn instead
      [Arch_SB]thpr: the target should be within 2008, IMHO
      [Chair]Eddy: Tom, point taken
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Within 2008 works for me.
      [Chair]Eddy: me too
      [Chair]Eddy: it should be November then, cause it won't be Dec
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so beta should be early october
      [Chair]Eddy: everyone disappears in Dec
      [Arch_SB]thpr: So 5/5/08 BoD we settled on October
      [Arch_SB]thpr: so we should keep that plan of record, I think
      [Chair]Eddy: Time to take the shears out to the 5.16 group trackers :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok, next item
      [Chair]Eddy: 3) FREQ Spec process at experimental - I've been trying my best
      to keep things moving forward, got some comments that we're moving to fast.
      Should we make any changes to the process?
      [Chair]Eddy: I do think that posting complex spec on the wiki would help
      [Chair]Eddy: think we can start doing that?
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyone? I'm going to assume I'm doing running things perfectly
      if no one speaks up :-)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: It would make it easier to follow whats being developed.
      irc: Fitzs has joined pcgen
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Hi Terry!
      Fitzs: Hello there
      Fitzs: Am I late again
      Fitzs: Or fashionably early
      [Chair]Eddy: we started 37 minutes ago
      [Chair]Eddy: Ok, I appreciate every ones implied confidence in me ;-)
      [Arch_SB]thpr: sorry, I am being pulled by a phone call
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Ok, I'll bite . . . I think it can be done . . . :-)
      [Chair]Eddy: :-)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: As Doc 2nd and web team member, I'll do what I can to help
      . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Cool
      [Chair]Eddy: Actually that leads into item 4
      [Chair]Eddy: 4) Website, the wiki specifically. Seems like this is working
      and ready to go, shall we start transferring content from the SF wiki to the
      new one?
      [Arch_SB]thpr: y
      [Chair]Eddy: I'm not sure we even need to discuss this, we just need to
      start and see if it's fuly functional
      [Chair]Eddy: if so we move ahead
      [Arch_SB]thpr: y
      [Chair]Eddy: So open topics, anyone have anything to discuss?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: T-Shirts . . . How much are we going to sell them for, and
      to whom, if anyone, will we be giving free ones to . . .
      [Arch_SB]thpr: not from me
      irc: Fitzs1 has joined pcgen
      [Chair]Eddy: Should we discuss pricing in public?
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Good point . . . I withdraw the questions . . . :-)
      irc: Fitzs has left pcgen
      [Arch_SB]thpr: probably not
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: I guess I don't have any other topics . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: Anyone else?
      AFK[Admin]Drew: I'm good...
      [Chair]Eddy: Well, we can make it short for a change
      AFK[Admin]Drew: YAY!!!!
      [Chair]Eddy: Shall we call it a night
      AFK[Admin]Drew: 50 minute meeting, might be the fastest yet!
      Fitzs1: No must draw out the dead air (or RF)
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Cool. Back to the doc work . . . :-)
      AFK[Admin]Drew: I second the night motion
      [PR_SB]Maredudd: Its a night . . .
      [Chair]Eddy: *bang gavel* thanks for coming everyone!