Re: [pcgen] [FREQ] Copy preferences from gamemode to gamemode

  • James Dempsey
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 13, 2008
      Hi Barak,

      2008/3/31 Barak <barak@...>:

      > I have a *lot* of different game modes, but I use pretty much the same
      > PCGen
      > preferences setup on all of them. Setting up each one individually is a
      > pain.
      >
      > I'd like the option to copy the preferences for X gamemode to Y gamemode
      > (best scenario, then I can go edit the few differences in those gamemodes
      > that I want them in) or a checkbox to use these preferences for all
      > gamemodes (not as optimal IMO).

      The game mode specific settings are the stat generation method and the unit
      set name. Are these the ones that you want to copy?

      James Dempsey
      PCGen Code SB

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 13, 2008

        The stat generation was the one that occasioned my original post.

        But, looking at it and thinking about it a bit more, I would propose that a
        few be added to the list (if what you posted above was the entirety) of what
        is "saved" for each game mode... Hit Points, Equipment and default OSs
        being some that leap to mind.

        I've played in different campaigns where the Hit Points were determined
        differently for each.

        And the equipment one... well, I would auto generate equipment in an
        equipment lite campaign (certainly not core D&D though), so it'd be nice to
        be able to set that by game mode too.

        The OS one should be obvious (Deadlands game mode should come with the
        Deadlands OS selected, not a generic OS).

        Barak