Re: [pcgen] Re: Need Help

    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11 7:14 PM
      The define can be done anywhere, but generally in common practice it's placed where it's first encountered. In your simple case, it would be on the same line as the bonus. Though it can go on a class line, or even just a level 1 line.

      For standard sets, we place the defines in a ability or feat and have the class make a call or add it.

      heylove33 <lordhavoc@...> wrote:
      Thank You for your help, but where does the DEFINE TAG go? On the
      same LvL line as the Bonus:VAR tag?

      Thank you again for your help

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
      > > PCGen's Online Docs:
      > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
      Links

    • Alvise Nicoletti
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 12 4:05 AM
        Hi guys.

        A cleric-stormlord wants a familiar...
        ... she's more a "witch" than a "priest", in her way of playing.

        However adding the feat summon familiar and choosing a familiar, don't
        creates a powerful familiar like for a wizard or a sorcerer.
        The crow is still stuck ad 2 HP and haves only "animal traits" as
        special ability.

        Is the enchanter level considered only for arcane-based classes?

        How can I change this?
      • Tir Gwaith
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12 4:41 AM
          On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Alvise Nicoletti
          <lists@...> wrote:
          > Hi guys.
          >
          > A cleric-stormlord wants a familiar...
          > ... she's more a "witch" than a "priest", in her way of playing.
          >
          > However adding the feat summon familiar and choosing a familiar, don't
          > creates a powerful familiar like for a wizard or a sorcerer.
          > The crow is still stuck ad 2 HP and haves only "animal traits" as
          > special ability.
          >
          > Is the enchanter level considered only for arcane-based classes?
          >
          > How can I change this?

          Familiars are controlled by a VAR (specifically in RSRD it is
          FMLevel), and set up as a separate object (same as Special Mounts for
          Paladins, etc). You can make another grouping completely with your
          own companionmods.lst file, and put in just what you want for the
          class you are looking at.

          PCGen LST Chimp
        • Alvise Nicoletti
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14 10:12 AM
            Sorry but because this mailing list is not sending me my own messages, I
            don't know if someone answered or not to this message.

            So I'm answering to myself in order to understand.