Re: Need Help

  • heylove33
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
      Thank You for your help, but where does the DEFINE TAG go? On the
      same LvL line as the Bonus:VAR tag?

      Thank you again for your help

      http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
      > > PCGen's Online Docs:
      > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
      Links

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 11, 2008
        The define can be done anywhere, but generally in common practice it's placed where it's first encountered. In your simple case, it would be on the same line as the bonus. Though it can go on a class line, or even just a level 1 line.

        For standard sets, we place the defines in a ability or feat and have the class make a call or add it.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland wrote:

        > I'm going to assume the BONUS:VAR tag is on a class line or level
        line.
        > You Need a 'DEFINE:SC|0'
        >
        > That's it.
        >
        > ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
        > "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"
        >

        > heylove33 wrote:
        > > Trying to add somehting like SC+1 and every 4 lvls it gets an
        additonal
        > > +1 I have BONUS:VAR|SC|CL/4 What else do I need to add?
        > >
        > > Thanks for any help.

        > > PCGen's Alpha Build:
        http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
        > > PCGen's Online Docs:
        > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:
        Links

      • Alvise Nicoletti
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
          Hi guys.

          A cleric-stormlord wants a familiar...
          ... she's more a "witch" than a "priest", in her way of playing.

          However adding the feat summon familiar and choosing a familiar, don't
          creates a powerful familiar like for a wizard or a sorcerer.
          The crow is still stuck ad 2 HP and haves only "animal traits" as
          special ability.

          Is the enchanter level considered only for arcane-based classes?

          How can I change this?
        • Tir Gwaith
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 12, 2008
            On Sat, Jul 12, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Alvise Nicoletti
            <lists@...> wrote:
            > Hi guys.
            >
            > A cleric-stormlord wants a familiar...
            > ... she's more a "witch" than a "priest", in her way of playing.
            >
            > However adding the feat summon familiar and choosing a familiar, don't
            > creates a powerful familiar like for a wizard or a sorcerer.
            > The crow is still stuck ad 2 HP and haves only "animal traits" as
            > special ability.
            >
            > Is the enchanter level considered only for arcane-based classes?
            >
            > How can I change this?

            Familiars are controlled by a VAR (specifically in RSRD it is
            FMLevel), and set up as a separate object (same as Special Mounts for
            Paladins, etc). You can make another grouping completely with your
            own companionmods.lst file, and put in just what you want for the
            class you are looking at.

            PCGen LST Chimp
          • Alvise Nicoletti
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 14, 2008
              Sorry but because this mailing list is not sending me my own messages, I
              don't know if someone answered or not to this message.

              So I'm answering to myself in order to understand.