Re: [pcgen] Re: NEED HELP

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 11 2:37 AM
      Okay, try this
      On the class level line use DR:1/-
      on the next level increment use
      BONUS:DR|-|1
      on the next level line
      BONUS:DR|-|1

      So it will look like this
      3 <> DR:1/-
      7 <> BONUS:DR|-|1
      10 <> BONUS:DR|-|1

      OR, if that isn't working make another Feat or Ability
      Place all those tags in the feat/ability
      MyDrAbility
      VISIBLE:NO
      TYPE:Class
      DR:1/-
      BONUS:DR|-|1|PRECLASS:1,YourClassName=7
      BONUS:DR|-|1|PRECLASS:1,YourClassName=10

      Change the YourClassName to what you really call your class.
      Then make sure you do AUTO:FEAT|MyDrAbility OR the appropriate ABILITY tag call.

      Trust me, after awhile these things do get easier.

      -Andrew (At work and can't wait to go home)

      braspallo <braspallo@...> wrote:
      Andrew, thanks for the help.... I am using PC Gen 5.12

      The FEAT idea worked for Mettle....

      However,still trying to figure out the DAMAGE REDUCTION issue.

      I hate to admit it, but I know nothing of coding. A true NEWB...

      I tried your ways... probably wrong... and kept getting a messy
      version that would show all the lists of DR... was hoping that it
      would only show the incremental changes when each level is attained, or:

      1/- at 3rd level
      2/- at 7th level
      3/- at 10th level

      Again thank you for your help already... if you could break it down
      (as if you were talking to a child ;) almost) it would really help

      Thanks,
      Brian

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland wrote:

      > In order to answer your question properly the following needs to be
      known. Which version are you currently using?

      > If 5.14+ then you would need to create the ability called mettle
      in an ability file.
      > If 5.12 then we would create a hidden feat called mettle.
      >
      > Either way in your custom class place the
      > AUTO:FEAT|Mettle
      > OR
      > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Mettle
      >
      > on your class level line.
      >
      > AS to which save, PCGen doesn't handle that, that would be a
      judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
      tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd
      place your blurb on an SAB tag.

      > For #2
      > 3 DR:1/-
      > 7 DR:2/-
      > 10 DR:3/-
      >
      > That is the simple method... If you want to advanced shiny
      technique then we would use variables..

      > 3 DR:VariableName/- DEFINE:VariableName|0
      BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
      > 7 BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
      > 10 BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
      >
      > but even that is simplistic in nature.
      > I highly recommend using a proper editor and do that by hand.
      >
      > NOTE: denotes an actual TAB using the TAB key. no spaces
      before or after.

      > Read the docs. And feel free to ask clarifying questions. Oh, and
      letting people know which version you are coding too will help you get
      the correct solution.

      wrote:
      > A rookie here trying how to get a couple items into a CUSTOM
      > CHARACTER. I am trying to add a Supernatural ability (much like
      > Evasion) for the 1st level of the character.
      >
      > 1.
      > The Supernatural ability is called "Mettle".... it allows a WILL or
      > FORTITUDE save in order to take no damage from a spell effect that
      > would allow for a reduction of the spell effect (IE; "Will Partial",
      > "Fortitude Partial" and similar.
      >
      > How do I add that into the custom character?
      >
      > 2.
      > The character class also allows for Damage Reduction:
      >

      > 1/- (at 3rd Level)
      > 2/- (at 7th level)
      > 3/- (at 10th level)
      >
      > How do I add that into the custom character?
      >

      > Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

    • braspallo
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 14 3:24 PM
        Either I am doing nothing right... or am just brain dead.

        In either Case, I will clarify my problem (hopefully). I am using
        version 5.12 to do this

        Here's what I need, or am trying to do:

        Smite (1/day at 2nd level, 2/day at 6th level, 3/day at 10th level)

        Damage Reduction (1/- at 3rd Level, 2/- at 7th level)

        I have pretty much gotten everything else squared away for the
        Prestige Class I am trying to create (I copied the Paladin class and
        modified what I needed to make up the Character Class)

        The above aspects (Damage Reduction and Smite) are what is killing
        me... as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set them up in
        the LST editor.

        Do I attempt under the LEVELS tab or the ADVANCED tab?
        If so... which? And how?

        I do not know anything about coding (REALLY... nothing) so breaking it
        down for... well, moron.. might be the only way I can ask.

        Please help... and thank you to all who try,
        Brian

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 14 7:53 PM
          Okay,

          I'll make it easier in one aspect and more complicated in another... but
          it should work as you expect.

          I'm assuming you're using the in-built lst editor, I'm not used to it
          and don't normally bother. So, if this doesn't work out then I recommend
          doing it by hand in a real text editor.

          In your Class File: (Each line is a TAB)
          2
          AUTO:FEAT|Smite
          -New Line
          2
          BONUS:VAR|SmiteAnyTimes|1
          -New Line
          6
          BONUS:VAR|SmiteAnyTimes|1
          -New Line
          10
          BONUS:VAR|SmiteAnyTimes|1
          -New Line
          3
          AUTO:FEAT|Damage Reduction All
          -New Line
          7
          BONUS:VAR|MyDamageRedBonus|1

          New FEAT

          Damage Reduction All
          TYPE:SpecialQuality
          VISIBLE:NO
          DR:1/-
          BONUS:DR|-|1|PREVAREQ:MyDamageRedBonus,1
          BONUS:DR|-|2|PREVAREQ:MyDamageRedBonus,2
          DEFINE:VAR|MyDamageRedBonus|0

          Smite already exists as a feat in the 5.12 model, so you're not needing
          to make a new feat.

          ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
          "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

          braspallo wrote:
> [...]
          >> (as if you were talking to a child ;) almost) it would really help
          >>

          >> Thanks,
          >> Brian
          >>

          >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland wrote:
          >>
          >>> In order to answer your question properly the following needs to be
          >>>
          >> known. Which version are you currently using?
          >>
          >>> If 5.14+ then you would need to create the ability called mettle
          >>>
          >> in an ability file.
          >>
          >>> If 5.12 then we would create a hidden feat called mettle.
          >>>
          >>> Either way in your custom class place the
          >>> AUTO:FEAT|Mettle
          >>> OR
          >>> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Mettle
          >>>
          >>> on your class level line.
          >>>
          >>> AS to which save, PCGen doesn't handle that, that would be a
          >>>
          >> judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
          >> tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd

          >>> 7 DR:2/-
          >>> 10 DR:3/-
          >>>
          >>> That is the simple method... If you want to advanced shiny
          >>>
          >> technique then we would use variables..
          >>
          >>> 3 DR:VariableName/- DEFINE:VariableName|0
          >>>
          >> BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
          >>
          >>> 7 BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
          >>> 10 BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
          >>>
          >>> but even that is simplistic in nature.
          >>> I highly recommend using a proper editor and do that by hand.
          >>>
          >>> NOTE: denotes an actual TAB using the TAB key. no spaces
          >>>
          >> before or after.
          >>
          >>> Read the docs. And feel free to ask clarifying questions. Oh, and
          >>>
          >> letting people know which version you are coding too will help you get
          >> the correct solution.
          >>
          >>> Good luck
          >>> -Andrew (Admin SB)
          >>>
          >>> braspallo
          >>>
          >> wrote:
          >>
          >>> A rookie here trying how to get a couple items into a CUSTOM
          >>> CHARACTER. I am trying to add a Supernatural ability (much like
          >>> Evasion) for the 1st level of the character.
          >>>
          >>> 1.
          >>> The Supernatural ability is called "Mettle".... it allows a WILL or
          >>> FORTITUDE save in order to take no damage from a spell effect that
          >>> would allow for a reduction of the spell effect (IE; "Will Partial",
          >>> "Fortitude Partial" and similar.
          >>>
          >>> How do I add that into the custom character?
          >>>
          >>> 2.
          >>> The character class also allows for Damage Reduction:
          >>>

          >>> 1/- (at 3rd Level)
          >>> 2/- (at 7th level)
          >>> 3/- (at 10th level)
          >>>
          >>> How do I add that into the custom character?
          >>>

          >>> Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

          >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
          >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
          >>> PCGen's Online Docs:

          >>> PCGen's Data Help Grp:

          >> ------------------------------------
          >>
          >> PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
          >> PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
          >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
          >> PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
          >> PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
          >> PCGen's Data Help Grp:

        • braspallo
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 16 9:43 AM
            Andrew,

            Thanks for the help... REALLY... you are the man. I am using the
            in-built LST editor to clarify. I am sorry to keep bothering you...

            Smite worked!! Damage reduction partially worked...

            I got the 1/- at 3rd level, but it did not increase to 2/- at 7th level

            I am checking to make sure I created the FEAT properly and the edited
            the Class TABS correctly...

> [...]
            > >> would only show the incremental changes when each level is
            attained, or:

            > >> 1/- at 3rd level
            > >> 2/- at 7th level
            > >> 3/- at 10th level
            > >>

            > >> Again thank you for your help already... if you could break it down
            > >> (as if you were talking to a child ;) almost) it would really help
            > >>

            > >> Thanks,
            > >> Brian

            > >> known. Which version are you currently using?

            > >> in an ability file.

            > >> judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
            > >> tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd
            > >> place your blurb on an SAB tag.

            > >> technique then we would use variables..

            > >> BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1

            > >> before or after.

            > >> letting people know which version you are coding too will help

            Groups Links

            > >> PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
            > >> PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
            > >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
            > >> PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
            > >> PCGen's Online Docs:
            > >> PCGen's Data Help Grp:

            Links

            > > PCGen's Online Docs:
            > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:

          • Tir Gwaith
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 16 1:04 PM
              Can we please move this discussion to PCGenListFileHelp? (And crop the posts.)

              PCGen LST Chimp