Re: NEED HELP

  • braspallo
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 10, 2008
      Andrew, thanks for the help.... I am using PC Gen 5.12

      The FEAT idea worked for Mettle....

      However,still trying to figure out the DAMAGE REDUCTION issue.

      I hate to admit it, but I know nothing of coding. A true NEWB...

      I tried your ways... probably wrong... and kept getting a messy
      version that would show all the lists of DR... was hoping that it
      would only show the incremental changes when each level is attained, or:

      1/- at 3rd level
      2/- at 7th level
      3/- at 10th level

      Again thank you for your help already... if you could break it down
      (as if you were talking to a child ;) almost) it would really help

      Thanks,
      Brian

      > In order to answer your question properly the following needs to be
      known. Which version are you currently using?

      > If 5.14+ then you would need to create the ability called mettle
      in an ability file.
      > If 5.12 then we would create a hidden feat called mettle.
      >
      > Either way in your custom class place the
      > AUTO:FEAT|Mettle
      > OR
      > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Mettle
      >
      > on your class level line.
      >
      > AS to which save, PCGen doesn't handle that, that would be a
      judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
      tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd
      place your blurb on an SAB tag.

      > For #2
      > 3 <tab> DR:1/-
      > 7 <tab> DR:2/-
      > 10 <tab> DR:3/-
      >
      > That is the simple method... If you want to advanced shiny
      technique then we would use variables..

      BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
      > 7 <tab> BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
      > 10 <tab> BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
      >
      > but even that is simplistic in nature.
      > I highly recommend using a proper editor and do that by hand.
      >
      > NOTE: <tab> denotes an actual TAB using the TAB key. no spaces
      before or after.

      > Read the docs. And feel free to ask clarifying questions. Oh, and
      letting people know which version you are coding too will help you get
      the correct solution.

      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 11, 2008
        Okay, try this
        On the class level line use DR:1/-
        on the next level increment use
        BONUS:DR|-|1
        on the next level line
        BONUS:DR|-|1

        So it will look like this
        3 <> DR:1/-
        7 <> BONUS:DR|-|1
        10 <> BONUS:DR|-|1

        OR, if that isn't working make another Feat or Ability
        Place all those tags in the feat/ability
        MyDrAbility
        VISIBLE:NO
        TYPE:Class
        DR:1/-
        BONUS:DR|-|1|PRECLASS:1,YourClassName=7
        BONUS:DR|-|1|PRECLASS:1,YourClassName=10

        Change the YourClassName to what you really call your class.
        Then make sure you do AUTO:FEAT|MyDrAbility OR the appropriate ABILITY tag call.

        Trust me, after awhile these things do get easier.

        -Andrew (At work and can't wait to go home)

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland wrote:

        > In order to answer your question properly the following needs to be
        known. Which version are you currently using?

        > If 5.14+ then you would need to create the ability called mettle
        in an ability file.
        > If 5.12 then we would create a hidden feat called mettle.
        >
        > Either way in your custom class place the
        > AUTO:FEAT|Mettle
        > OR
        > ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Mettle
        >
        > on your class level line.
        >
        > AS to which save, PCGen doesn't handle that, that would be a
        judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
        tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd
        place your blurb on an SAB tag.

        > For #2
        > 3 DR:1/-
        > 7 DR:2/-
        > 10 DR:3/-
        >
        > That is the simple method... If you want to advanced shiny
        technique then we would use variables..

        > 3 DR:VariableName/- DEFINE:VariableName|0
        BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 14, 2008
          Either I am doing nothing right... or am just brain dead.

          In either Case, I will clarify my problem (hopefully). I am using
          version 5.12 to do this

          Here's what I need, or am trying to do:

          Smite (1/day at 2nd level, 2/day at 6th level, 3/day at 10th level)

          Damage Reduction (1/- at 3rd Level, 2/- at 7th level)

          I have pretty much gotten everything else squared away for the
          Prestige Class I am trying to create (I copied the Paladin class and
          modified what I needed to make up the Character Class)

          The above aspects (Damage Reduction and Smite) are what is killing
          me... as I cannot for the life of me figure out how to set them up in
          the LST editor.

          Do I attempt under the LEVELS tab or the ADVANCED tab?
          If so... which? And how?

          I do not know anything about coding (REALLY... nothing) so breaking it
          down for... well, moron.. might be the only way I can ask.

          Please help... and thank you to all who try,
          Brian

          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 14, 2008
            Okay,

            I'll make it easier in one aspect and more complicated in another... but
            it should work as you expect.

            I'm assuming you're using the in-built lst editor, I'm not used to it
            and don't normally bother. So, if this doesn't work out then I recommend
            doing it by hand in a real text editor.

            In your Class File: (Each line is a TAB)
            2
            AUTO:FEAT|Smite
            -New Line
            2
            BONUS:VAR|SmiteAnyTimes|1
            -New Line
            6
            BONUS:VAR|SmiteAnyTimes|1
            -New Line
            10
            BONUS:VAR|SmiteAnyTimes|1
            -New Line
            3
            AUTO:FEAT|Damage Reduction All
            -New Line
            7
            BONUS:VAR|MyDamageRedBonus|1

            New FEAT

            Damage Reduction All
            TYPE:SpecialQuality
            VISIBLE:NO
            DR:1/-
            BONUS:DR|-|1|PREVAREQ:MyDamageRedBonus,1
            BONUS:DR|-|2|PREVAREQ:MyDamageRedBonus,2
            DEFINE:VAR|MyDamageRedBonus|0

            Smite already exists as a feat in the 5.12 model, so you're not needing
            to make a new feat.

            ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
            "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

            braspallo wrote:
> [...]
            >> (as if you were talking to a child ;) almost) it would really help
            >>

            >> Thanks,
            >> Brian
            >>

            >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Andrew Maitland wrote:
            >>
            >>> In order to answer your question properly the following needs to be
            >>>
            >> known. Which version are you currently using?
            >>
            >>> If 5.14+ then you would need to create the ability called mettle
            >>>
            >> in an ability file.
            >>
            >>> If 5.12 then we would create a hidden feat called mettle.
            >>>
            >>> Either way in your custom class place the
            >>> AUTO:FEAT|Mettle
            >>> OR
            >>> ABILITY:Special Ability|AUTOMATIC|Mettle
            >>>
            >>> on your class level line.
            >>>
            >>> AS to which save, PCGen doesn't handle that, that would be a
            >>>
            >> judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
            >> tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd

            >>> 7 DR:2/-
            >>> 10 DR:3/-
            >>>
            >>> That is the simple method... If you want to advanced shiny
            >>>
            >> technique then we would use variables..
            >>
            >>> 3 DR:VariableName/- DEFINE:VariableName|0
            >>>
            >> BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
            >>
            >>> 7 BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
            >>> 10 BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1
            >>>
            >>> but even that is simplistic in nature.
            >>> I highly recommend using a proper editor and do that by hand.
            >>>
            >>> NOTE: denotes an actual TAB using the TAB key. no spaces
            >>>
            >> before or after.
            >>
            >>> Read the docs. And feel free to ask clarifying questions. Oh, and
            >>>
            >> letting people know which version you are coding too will help you get
            >> the correct solution.
            >>
            >>> Good luck
            >>> -Andrew (Admin SB)
            >>>
            >>> braspallo
            >>>
            >> wrote:
            >>
            >>> A rookie here trying how to get a couple items into a CUSTOM
            >>> CHARACTER. I am trying to add a Supernatural ability (much like
            >>> Evasion) for the 1st level of the character.
            >>>
            >>> 1.
            >>> The Supernatural ability is called "Mettle".... it allows a WILL or
            >>> FORTITUDE save in order to take no damage from a spell effect that
            >>> would allow for a reduction of the spell effect (IE; "Will Partial",
            >>> "Fortitude Partial" and similar.
            >>>
            >>> How do I add that into the custom character?
            >>>
            >>> 2.
            >>> The character class also allows for Damage Reduction:
            >>>

            >>> 1/- (at 3rd Level)
            >>> 2/- (at 7th level)
            >>> 3/- (at 10th level)
            >>>
            >>> How do I add that into the custom character?
            >>>

            >>> Any and all help would be GREATLY appreciated.

            >>> PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
            >>> PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
            >>> PCGen's Online Docs:

            >>> PCGen's Data Help Grp:

            >> ------------------------------------
            >>
            >> PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
            >> PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
            >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
            >> PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
            >> PCGen's Online Docs: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/autobuilds/pcgen-docs/
            >> PCGen's Data Help Grp:

          • braspallo
            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 16, 2008
              Andrew,

              Thanks for the help... REALLY... you are the man. I am using the
              in-built LST editor to clarify. I am sorry to keep bothering you...

              Smite worked!! Damage reduction partially worked...

              I got the 1/- at 3rd level, but it did not increase to 2/- at 7th level

              I am checking to make sure I created the FEAT properly and the edited
              the Class TABS correctly...

> [...]
              > >> would only show the incremental changes when each level is
              attained, or:

              > >> 1/- at 3rd level
              > >> 2/- at 7th level
              > >> 3/- at 10th level
              > >>

              > >> Again thank you for your help already... if you could break it down
              > >> (as if you were talking to a child ;) almost) it would really help
              > >>

              > >> Thanks,
              > >> Brian

              > >> known. Which version are you currently using?

              > >> in an ability file.

              > >> judgment call during a game... What I'd do is use the "SAB:Blah blah"
              > >> tag... SAB (Special ABility) will output on the pdf export. So you'd
              > >> place your blurb on an SAB tag.

              > >> technique then we would use variables..

              > >> BONUS:VAR|VariableName|1

              > >> before or after.

              > >> letting people know which version you are coding too will help

              Groups Links

              > >> PCGen's Release site: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net
              > >> PCGen's Wiki: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/
              > >> PCGen's Roadmap: http://pcgen.wiki.sourceforge.net/Roadmap
              > >> PCGen's Alpha Build: http://pcgen.sourceforge.net/07_autobuilds.php
              > >> PCGen's Online Docs:
              > >> PCGen's Data Help Grp:

              Links

              > > PCGen's Online Docs:
              > > PCGen's Data Help Grp:

            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 16, 2008
                Can we please move this discussion to PCGenListFileHelp? (And crop the posts.)

                PCGen LST Chimp