Re: [pcgen] Missing Rogue Abilities Not Included in Rogue Special Abilities, And More

  • Eddy Anthony
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6, 2008
      Lucio Bragagnolo scribed:

      > Hello everyone,
      > I migrated from PCGen 5.12.1 to 5.14.0 a Rogue15/Fighter2.
      >
      > I get two error Messages: "Unable to find Ability: Uncanny Dodge" and "Unable
      > to find
      > Ability: Improved Uncanny Dodge".
      >
      > The Fantasy Character Changes at
      > <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
      > docid=109537&group_id=25576> basically says to select missing abilities from
      > the
      > Rogue Special Abilities drop-down menu. PCGen correctly states the the
      > character can add
      > two special abilities.
      >
      > Problem is, Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are missing from the
      > Rogue
      > Special Abilities list. The list includes Crippling Strike, Defensive Roll,
      > Extra Feat, Improved
      > Evasion, Opportunist, Skill Mastery, and Slippery Mind.

      Hi Lucio
      Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are both gained automatically
      at specific levels, since they are not chosen they do not appear in the list
      of Rogue special abilities.

      Because they are added automatically the new versions should be there even
      though you will get a message saying it can't find the old ones, check the
      Special Abilities block on an outputsheet or the preview tab and they should
      be there is your Rogue is high enough level.

      > The character actually chose Improved Evasion and Opportunist as special
      > abilities, thus
      > these two shoudn't be listed above as available.

      If you previously selected these two you need to go to the Feat>Special
      Abilities tab and reselect them, this is what the docs mean when they say to
      reselect them.

      In 5.12 these features were coded as hidden feats and in 5.14 they have been
      recoded as abilities. So when you load the it will say it can't find the old
      hidden feats (because they no longer exist) but you can re-add them in their
      new form as abilities. The advantage here is that you don't need to select
      them at level up and you can change them later.

      > In the Lang, Weap Prof & SA
      > window
      > (reachable from the Summary Pane of PCGen), Improved Uncanny Dodge and
      > Opportunist
      > are listed under the Special Abilities pane. Uncanny Dodge and Improved
      > Evasion are
      > missing instead. Opportunist shouldn't be listed, if is chooseable as Rogue
      > Special Ability;
      > in fact, if I do choose it, it appears with a (2) in front of it. I cannot
      > remove anything
      > relevant from the Lang, Weap Prof & SA window (i.e., I cannot remove
      > Opportunist from
      > there in order to insert it from scratch from the Rogue Special Abilities
      > menu).

      That's a data bug, the hidden feats are still present and they really should
      have been deleted. I'll fix that for the up coming 5.14.1 release

      > Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are neither in the general feat list,
      > nor in
      > the Fighter Feats list, nor in the Rogue Special Abilities list.

      They are not feats so they won't be in those lists. You should not need to
      do anything for those two as I explained above.

      > I don't
      > understand how I can
      > insert them back and how to resolve the other conflict with Opportunist (is in
      > the Lang,
      > Weap Prof & Sa window but is still selectable in Rogue Special Abilities and I
      > cannot delete
      > it from the former).

      You can wait for the 5.14.1 release or you can do this: you can edit the
      character file manually with a text editor, find the line that holds the
      selection for opportunist and delete it, then when you load it in 5.14 you
      can add the new version of opportunist. ALWAYS make a copy of you character
      before manually editing it, it's easy to break it that way.
      --
      ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)