Missing Rogue Abilities Not Included in Rogue Special Abilities, And More

  • Lucio Bragagnolo
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 6 7:20 AM
      Hello everyone,
      I migrated from PCGen 5.12.1 to 5.14.0 a Rogue15/Fighter2.

      I get two error Messages: "Unable to find Ability: Uncanny Dodge" and "Unable to find
      Ability: Improved Uncanny Dodge".

      The Fantasy Character Changes at <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
      docid=109537&group_id=25576> basically says to select missing abilities from the
      Rogue Special Abilities drop-down menu. PCGen correctly states the the character can add
      two special abilities.

      Problem is, Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are missing from the Rogue
      Special Abilities list. The list includes Crippling Strike, Defensive Roll, Extra Feat, Improved
      Evasion, Opportunist, Skill Mastery, and Slippery Mind.

      The character actually chose Improved Evasion and Opportunist as special abilities, thus
      these two shoudn't be listed above as available. In the Lang, Weap Prof & SA window
      (reachable from the Summary Pane of PCGen), Improved Uncanny Dodge and Opportunist
      are listed under the Special Abilities pane. Uncanny Dodge and Improved Evasion are
      missing instead. Opportunist shouldn't be listed, if is chooseable as Rogue Special Ability;
      in fact, if I do choose it, it appears with a (2) in front of it. I cannot remove anything
      relevant from the Lang, Weap Prof & SA window (i.e., I cannot remove Opportunist from
      there in order to insert it from scratch from the Rogue Special Abilities menu).

      Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are neither in the general feat list, nor in
      the Fighter Feats list, nor in the Rogue Special Abilities list. I don't understand how I can
      insert them back and how to resolve the other conflict with Opportunist (is in the Lang,
      Weap Prof & Sa window but is still selectable in Rogue Special Abilities and I cannot delete
      it from the former).

      If anyone can help me, I'll be very grateful.

      Thanks in advance for having read all of this and kudos to all team for the otherwise
      excellent work on the new PCGen version. :)

      lux
    • Eddy Anthony
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6 8:28 AM
        Lucio Bragagnolo scribed:

        > Hello everyone,
        > I migrated from PCGen 5.12.1 to 5.14.0 a Rogue15/Fighter2.
        >
        > I get two error Messages: "Unable to find Ability: Uncanny Dodge" and "Unable
        > to find
        > Ability: Improved Uncanny Dodge".
        >
        > The Fantasy Character Changes at
        > <http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?
        > docid=109537&group_id=25576> basically says to select missing abilities from
        > the
        > Rogue Special Abilities drop-down menu. PCGen correctly states the the
        > character can add
        > two special abilities.
        >
        > Problem is, Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are missing from the
        > Rogue
        > Special Abilities list. The list includes Crippling Strike, Defensive Roll,
        > Extra Feat, Improved
        > Evasion, Opportunist, Skill Mastery, and Slippery Mind.

        Hi Lucio
        Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are both gained automatically
        at specific levels, since they are not chosen they do not appear in the list
        of Rogue special abilities.

        Because they are added automatically the new versions should be there even
        though you will get a message saying it can't find the old ones, check the
        Special Abilities block on an outputsheet or the preview tab and they should
        be there is your Rogue is high enough level.

        > The character actually chose Improved Evasion and Opportunist as special
        > abilities, thus
        > these two shoudn't be listed above as available.

        If you previously selected these two you need to go to the Feat>Special
        Abilities tab and reselect them, this is what the docs mean when they say to
        reselect them.

        In 5.12 these features were coded as hidden feats and in 5.14 they have been
        recoded as abilities. So when you load the it will say it can't find the old
        hidden feats (because they no longer exist) but you can re-add them in their
        new form as abilities. The advantage here is that you don't need to select
        them at level up and you can change them later.

        > In the Lang, Weap Prof & SA
        > window
        > (reachable from the Summary Pane of PCGen), Improved Uncanny Dodge and
        > Opportunist
        > are listed under the Special Abilities pane. Uncanny Dodge and Improved
        > Evasion are
        > missing instead. Opportunist shouldn't be listed, if is chooseable as Rogue
        > Special Ability;
        > in fact, if I do choose it, it appears with a (2) in front of it. I cannot
        > remove anything
        > relevant from the Lang, Weap Prof & SA window (i.e., I cannot remove
        > Opportunist from
        > there in order to insert it from scratch from the Rogue Special Abilities
        > menu).

        That's a data bug, the hidden feats are still present and they really should
        have been deleted. I'll fix that for the up coming 5.14.1 release

        > Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge are neither in the general feat list,
        > nor in
        > the Fighter Feats list, nor in the Rogue Special Abilities list.

        They are not feats so they won't be in those lists. You should not need to
        do anything for those two as I explained above.

        > I don't
        > understand how I can
        > insert them back and how to resolve the other conflict with Opportunist (is in
        > the Lang,
        > Weap Prof & Sa window but is still selectable in Rogue Special Abilities and I
        > cannot delete
        > it from the former).

        You can wait for the 5.14.1 release or you can do this: you can edit the
        character file manually with a text editor, find the line that holds the
        selection for opportunist and delete it, then when you load it in 5.14 you
        can add the new version of opportunist. ALWAYS make a copy of you character
        before manually editing it, it's easy to break it that way.
        --
        ~ Eddy Anthony (MoSaT)