[5.14.0 CODE BUG]Ammo Not Providing Bonus to Weapon

  • ovka
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
      I equipped a normal sling to a character, created +1 sling bullets, and
      put one into the sling. The character's to hit and damage bonus should
      have gone up by one, and it did not. At least that's the way it used
      to work. I tried it with the preference for weapon and ammo
      enhancements both on and off, and there was no difference. I tried
      saving, exiting, restarting, and reloading, and there was no difference.

      I also tested the functionality with older versions. It didn't work in
      5.12.1, but *did* work in 5.10.2.

      Cheers,

      Sir George Anonymous
    • Barak
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008

        Did you check your preferences?

        IIRC, in 3.0 the ammo stacked with the weapon, in 3.5 it doesn't per the
        RAW. So there's a preference to toggle that behavior on and off.

        Barak
      • ovka
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 30, 2008
          As I said, I tried it with that setting both on and off. Plus, there
          was nothing to stack because the sling was normal -- only the ammo
          was magical.

          Cheers,

          Sir George Anonymous

          --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

> [...]
        • Tom Parker
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1, 2008
            --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "ovka" <lpacdavis@...> wrote:

            > As I said, I tried it with that setting both on and off. Plus, there
            > was nothing to stack because the sling was normal -- only the ammo
            > was magical.
            >
            > Cheers,
            >
            > Sir George Anonymous

          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 3, 2008
              Trackered - 2009518 Ammo Not Providing Bonus to Weapon