Re: [5.14.0][BUG] CHOOSE and SELECT

  • Tom Parker
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008
      Known Bug

      [ 1910541 ] ADD:FEAT only allows 1 choice

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

      > Have the following in a feat:
      >
      > In a class file
      > ADD:FEAT|1|Skillfeat
      >
      > When I add the level this feat is on I get a chooser but only one
      selection.

      > I have to add a NUMCHOICES=12 to the CHOOSE in order to get my twelve
      > choices.
      >
      > I believe this behavior is incorrect, and certainly inconsistent
      with the
      > docs and the previous usage of a number at the end of a CHOOSE to
      denote how
      > many choices you get. (I have a lot like that... no NUMCHOICES but
      a number
      > at the end indicating more than one choice when you take the feat).
      >
      > Barak

    • Barak
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008

        I see it was slated for 5.14.1 and got pushed to 5.16... I really need it
        in 5.14.1, or there are going to be some seriously unhappy classes in the
        CMP datasets.

        Is there any way to make that happen?

        I'd settle for a workaround, but I'm not able to come up with any off the
        tip of my head.

        Barak
      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008

          Yeah, that pointy tip up there. *sigh*

          The workaround was right in my initial report... add NUMCHOICES=# to the
          CHOOSE.

          Move along. Nothing to see here.

          Barak

          PS: Can you tell I'm trying to get things done before the big day? *grin*
        • Andrew Wilson
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008
            On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 12:31:36PM -0400, Barak wrote:
> [...]

            I haven't been reading email for a couople of days and I've just seen
            this. I'm wondering if your work around is a real fix. I think the
            behaviour is different and that means that you'd like it to become
            SELECT=# when that works. Preferably with a script or by pcgen itself,
            how does it distinguish the one that need to become NUMCHOICES=1 SELECT=#
            from the ones that stay NUMCHOICES=# ?

            andrew
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008
              numchoices is the max selectable period... select is how many choices
              you can make per feat/ability/point...

              ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

              Andrew Wilson wrote:

            • Barak
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008

                Yes, but that's not working when you add the feat via ADD:FEAT (hence the
                BUG report). No matter what you put in SELECT, you get one choice.

                Putting the NUMCHOICES in the CHOOSE makes the ADD:FEAT work properly and
                give you the proper number of choices.

                While using NUMCHOICES is not exactly the same effect, since this feat can
                only be given once, the difference is really immaterial and it will work as
                a workaround for my particular situation.

                Barak