[5.14.0][BUG] CHOOSE and SELECT

  • Barak
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008
      Have the following in a feat:

      In a class file
      ADD:FEAT|1|Skillfeat

      When I add the level this feat is on I get a chooser but only one selection.

      I have to add a NUMCHOICES=12 to the CHOOSE in order to get my twelve
      choices.

      I believe this behavior is incorrect, and certainly inconsistent with the
      docs and the previous usage of a number at the end of a CHOOSE to denote how
      many choices you get. (I have a lot like that... no NUMCHOICES but a number
      at the end indicating more than one choice when you take the feat).

      Barak
    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008
        Known Bug

        [ 1910541 ] ADD:FEAT only allows 1 choice

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Barak" <barak@...> wrote:

        > Have the following in a feat:
        >
        > In a class file
        > ADD:FEAT|1|Skillfeat
        >
        > When I add the level this feat is on I get a chooser but only one
        selection.

        > I have to add a NUMCHOICES=12 to the CHOOSE in order to get my twelve
        > choices.
        >
        > I believe this behavior is incorrect, and certainly inconsistent
        with the
        > docs and the previous usage of a number at the end of a CHOOSE to
        denote how
        > many choices you get. (I have a lot like that... no NUMCHOICES but
        a number
        > at the end indicating more than one choice when you take the feat).
        >
        > Barak

      • Barak
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008

          I see it was slated for 5.14.1 and got pushed to 5.16... I really need it
          in 5.14.1, or there are going to be some seriously unhappy classes in the
          CMP datasets.

          Is there any way to make that happen?

          I'd settle for a workaround, but I'm not able to come up with any off the
          tip of my head.

          Barak
        • Barak
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 28, 2008

            Yeah, that pointy tip up there. *sigh*

            The workaround was right in my initial report... add NUMCHOICES=# to the
            CHOOSE.

            Move along. Nothing to see here.

            Barak

            PS: Can you tell I'm trying to get things done before the big day? *grin*
          • Andrew Wilson
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008
              On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 12:31:36PM -0400, Barak wrote:
> [...]

              I haven't been reading email for a couople of days and I've just seen
              this. I'm wondering if your work around is a real fix. I think the
              behaviour is different and that means that you'd like it to become
              SELECT=# when that works. Preferably with a script or by pcgen itself,
              how does it distinguish the one that need to become NUMCHOICES=1 SELECT=#
              from the ones that stay NUMCHOICES=# ?

              andrew
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008
                numchoices is the max selectable period... select is how many choices
                you can make per feat/ability/point...

                ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
                "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

                Andrew Wilson wrote:

              • Barak
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 30, 2008

                  Yes, but that's not working when you add the feat via ADD:FEAT (hence the
                  BUG report). No matter what you put in SELECT, you get one choice.

                  Putting the NUMCHOICES in the CHOOSE makes the ADD:FEAT work properly and
                  give you the proper number of choices.

                  While using NUMCHOICES is not exactly the same effect, since this feat can
                  only be given once, the difference is really immaterial and it will work as
                  a workaround for my particular situation.

                  Barak