[BUG] KNOWNSPELLS on class level line causes error

  • Stefan Radermacher
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 28, 2008
      According to the documantation KNOWNSPELLS is allowed on class and class level
      lines. Using is on a class level line, however, produces this error message:

      LSTERROR Data used token: Planar Binding (Lesser)|Planar Binding|Planar
      Binding (Greater) which is a Class token, but it was used in a class level
      line other than level 1
      LSTERROR Illegal Token 'KNOWNSPELLS' 'Planar Binding (Lesser)|Planar Binding|
      Planar Binding (Greater)' for pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel Malconvoker(2)

      Stefan.
      --
      Happiness is the Road
      http://www.marillion.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 28, 2008
        This is a doc bug. If you go to the KnownSpellsToken.java from the
        5.14 branch:

        http://pcgen.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pcgen/branches/5.14.x/pcgen/code/src/java/plugin/lsttokens/pcclass/KnownspellsToken.java?revision=6184&view=markup

        You'll note the level is never stored, so KNOWNSPELLS is really a
        Class, not a Class Level token. This lack of level storage is
        consistent from 5.10-5.14, so no behavior has been lost, it's just
        error reporting that has been improved.

        That's not to say we don't need it as a class level token due to some
        data perhaps needing that feature, but it's a FREQ if we need it.

        TP.

        --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Radermacher <radermacher@...> wrote:

        > According to the documantation KNOWNSPELLS is allowed on class and
        class level
        > lines. Using is on a class level line, however, produces this error
        message:

        > LSTERROR Data used token: Planar Binding (Lesser)|Planar Binding|Planar
        > Binding (Greater) which is a Class token, but it was used in a class
        level
        > line other than level 1
        > LSTERROR Illegal Token 'KNOWNSPELLS' 'Planar Binding (Lesser)|Planar
        Binding|
        > Planar Binding (Greater)' for pcgen.cdom.inst.PCClassLevel
        Malconvoker(2)

        > Stefan.
        > --
        > Happiness is the Road
        > http://www.marillion.com

      • Martijn Verburg
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 30, 2008
          Trackered - Doc bug 2006483 KNOWNSPELLS docs incorrect