Re: Great taste, less filling

  • Artus Faucon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21, 2008
      Right, so I found a found a way to create a new custom item, but this is something I
      expected to find in my character inventory, not the gear database. It seems counter-
      intuitive to me to have to right-click on a base item in the database to build my custom
      item, rather than build one from scratch in my inventory. I first looked for this by right-
      clicking in my inventory area, and had to re-read your instructions to realize I had to
      right-click on an existing item in the database. Confusing, but there is definitely potential
      there once the UI has been improved. PCGen definitely has the right approach in terms of
      the underlying mechanics, it's mostly the UI that gets in the way.

      And btw, yes RPTools has a very active community and pump out development builds
      surprisingly often. I've seen quite a bit of discussion about bridging PCGen with their
      tools, but I'm not sure where that will go with the development of their CharacterTool
      (which I can't currently get to run on my Mac).

      Thanks,
      Artus

      <snipped for brevity>