2 pence

  • Neil Phillips
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
      I just thought I would add to the discussion around the presentation of
      source loading.

      I too was at a complete loss as to how to proceed when I first encountered
      PCGen.

      Some form of 'how to use' PCGen would have helped.

      Now as a long term user I feel there is a case for helping the user to
      navigate the bewildering array of possible sources. An aid that shows
      'compatible' sources would be useful. By compatible I mean sensible
      combinations of sources. Further more an overhaul of the customized sources
      would seem appropriate. I would find it most helpful if you could share your
      custom sources, and if the sources contained within your custom set were
      clearly displayed.

      Over time much of PCGen has been worked over, time for the sources area to
      get some treatment.

      Neil

    • Eric C. Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
        Hi Folks!

        Neil wrote:

        > I just thought I would add to the discussion around the presentation of
        > source loading.
        >
        > I too was at a complete loss as to how to proceed when I first encountered
        > PCGen.
        >
        > Some form of 'how to use' PCGen would have helped.

        Have you checked out the PCGen DOcs lately? Do you have any suggestion on how to better
        serve the neophyte PCGener when it come to the "How to use it" question?

        Eric Smith
        Doc 2nd
      • Terry FitzSimons
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
          Probably need to update the 5.10.1.pdf to 5.14.x. I wonder if we can get
          it listed as available on the PcGen download page?

          5.10.1.pdf
          http://sourceforge.net/project/downloading.php?group_id=25576&use_mirror=internap&filename=PCGen_Docs_510.pdf&33526814

          Terry

          --

          Terry FitzSimons
          FITZSIMONS@...(Small Letters Only)

          Data Lemur, Docs Gibbon
        • James Dempsey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 19, 2008
            Hi Terry,

            Yes, if the PDF is updated I can make it available for download.

            Cheers,
            James.