[From the BoD] Fourth Edition SRD data sets not to be included in PCGen.

  • Eric C Smith
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 18, 2008
      PCGen Community,

      The PCGen Board of Directors is sad to announce that data sets based
      upon Wizards of the Coasts (WotC) Fourth Edition Dungeons and Dragons
      will not be included in PCGen for the foreseeable future.

      With WotC's recent release of the Game System License, it has become
      clear that material licensed under the GSL will not be allowed in any
      Character Generators, and of course that includes PCGen. Thats the
      bad news.

      The good news is that the PCGen Team is committed to making homebrew
      support for the 4th Edition D&D rule set possible. To that end, one
      of the major goals of PCGen's v5.16.x development cycle is to add
      functionality to PCGen in support of 4th Edition home brew data sets
      for personal use.

      Board of Directors
      PCGen Project
    • Tir Gwaith
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
        Nice to see the wording on the OGL conversion. Those items that are
        OGL, but not based on Wizard's SRDs aren't part of the OGL v. GSL
        conflict bit.

        > The good news is that the PCGen Team is committed to making homebrew
        > support for the 4th Edition D&D rule set possible. To that end, one
        > of the major goals of PCGen's v5.16.x development cycle is to add
        > functionality to PCGen in support of 4th Edition home brew data sets
        > for personal use.

        And hopefully make it clear how to make them for oneself with good
        documentation. :)

        PCGen LST Chimp
      • Eric C Smith
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
          Hi Tir!

          On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Tir Gwaith wrote:
          > And hopefully make it clear how to make them for oneself with good
          > documentation. :)

          The documentation is under constant revision to improve its accuracy
          and effectiveness. :-)

          And, of course, we have the PCGenListFIleHelp Yahoo! group to help
          those working on their homebrew data sets.

          Eric Smith
          Doc 2nd
        • Martijn Verburg
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
            I think Tir just volunteered for writing up several of the outstanding
            "LST class" doc freqs, don't ya reckon? ;p

            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
              Yes, yes I do... I think he's the perfect Chimp to do it too!

              ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
              "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

              Martijn Verburg wrote:
              > I think Tir just volunteered for writing up several of the outstanding
              > "LST class" doc freqs, don't ya reckon? ;p

              >> Hi Tir!
              >>
              >> On Jun 19, 2008, at 8:29 AM, Tir Gwaith wrote:
              >>
              >>> And hopefully make it clear how to make them for oneself with good
              >>> documentation. :)
              >>>

              >> The documentation is under constant revision to improve its accuracy
              >> and effectiveness. :-)
              >>
              >> And, of course, we have the PCGenListFIleHelp Yahoo! group to help
              >> those working on their homebrew data sets.
              >>
              >> Eric Smith
              >> Doc 2nd

            • Tir Gwaith
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
                On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 8:18 AM, Martijn Verburg
                <martijnverburg@...> wrote:
                > I think Tir just volunteered for writing up several of the outstanding
                > "LST class" doc freqs, don't ya reckon? ;p

                Put it on the plate, and hope it doesn't get shuffled off. I'm still
                updating my homebrew sets to 5.14, and I get picked on by my game
                group every week that it isn't perfect... That's kinda top priority
                atm...

                PCGen LST Chimp
              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
                  Not yet Tir, there are many other thigns for you to look at first
                  <gleeful grin>

                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 19, 2008
                    Use Barak's script, it should help.