Re: PCGen v5.14.0 Stable Released!

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2008
      Hi all,

      I'd just like to add in a personal thanks from me :)

      I am (as always) completely humbled by the sheer effort that goes into
      PCGen by our volunteers, the work they do is nothing short of amazing!
      Over the last few release cycles we've also certainly become more
      professional in our approach and the quality of 5.14 is hopefully
      proof of that!

      As a magnimonious reward, the Ninja monkeys have been ordered to be
      nice to all volunteers for a period of 24 hours (see I can be nice ;p)

      We're also very blessed in that we have a wonderful community that is
      willing to share their experiences with us, filing bug reports
      discussing feature requests and just generally being very involved in
      PCGen. More of that please, we love the feedback!

      Now I'm sure many of you are wondering, what's next? Well here's the
      rough plan:

      1.) Take a breather for a week and do a post release analysis. This
      means potentially changing team structures, the way we work internally
      etc etc, we'll keep you posted of what's happening for this.

      2.) 5.14.1 - The BoD agreed that the focus should remain firmly on
      getting the remaining low priority bugs fixed and produce a 5.14.1 as
      quickly as we are able. We really want the 5.14.x to be a benchmark
      in quality.

      3.) 5.16.x - We're going through a roadmapping exercise as we speak,
      but there's going to be roughly 3 main focuses.

      a.) Pathfinder support - this is already being worked on on spec'd by
      Stefan amongst others

      b.) 4e support - As stated a fews times in last week, we need to read
      up on and absorb the various licensing issues before we can commit to
      supporting 4e, naturally if we're allowed to support it we will!

      c.) Removing ambiguities, this is basically further preparation for
      the 6.0 series in which we pretty much overhaul the PCGen 'engine'

      Again thank you, thank you, thank you!

      Karianna
      <exceedingly proud Chair Monkey>