Re: Problems with 5.14 RC3

  • Martijn Verburg
    Message 1 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
      Hi David,

      Which of the issues are you still experiencing? There's a couple that
      might need trackering.

      > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am starting to work on the Book of Experimental Might (my wife is
      > > playing Bingo at the Camp Rec hall heh), and have run into a few
      > problems.
      > >
      > > a) Spell.MOD is not working as expected
      > >
      > > Acid Splash.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=0
      > > Crushing Hand.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=9|Wizard=19
      > > Astral Projection.MOD CLASSES:Cleric,Sorcerer=9|Wizard=20
      > >
      > > Acid Splash was a Wizard 0 spell and in BoXM all 0 level spells go
      > away.
      > > It still shows up in the Wizard list.
      >
      > So you need: CLASSES:.CLEARALL|Sorcerer=0 if you want to remove the
      > items listed on the "original" CLASSES entry. CLASSES does not
      > overwrite, it appends.
      >
      > > In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not Level 20
      > > twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
      > > Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.
      >
      > This is likely a UI bug
      >
      > > b) On the Source Materials page, other than recreating the RSRD
      Twistie
      > > under Malhavoc because I have to exclude the original base
      classes, is
      > > there any way to get the new data into program?
      >
      > I don't quite understand the question...
      >
      > TP.

    • Tom Parker
      Message 2 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
        wrote:
        > > > In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not
        Level 20
        > > > twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
        > > > Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.
        > >
        > > This is likely a UI bug

        This is definitely a PCGen BUG, I found the hardcoded variable last
        night, please tracker this.

        TP.
      • David R. Bender
        Message 3 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
          Yea, I will open a tracker for the UI bug where Tom found the
          "hard-coded" variable.

          The 1st one is Working as Designed, I just got confused.

          The 3rd one is more of a how-to question that I am still playing with.
          If I can't figure it out, I will post a more detailed append.

          David
          Papa.DRB

          Grognard <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Grognard.html>
          My better half and me <http://home.hvc.rr.com/davidstuff/Nana-and-Papa2.JPG>

          Martijn Verburg wrote:
          > Hi David,
          >
          > Which of the issues are you still experiencing? There's a couple that
          > might need trackering.

          >> --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "David R. Bender" <Papa.DRB@> wrote:
          >>
          >>> I am starting to work on the Book of Experimental Might (my wife is
          >>> playing Bingo at the Camp Rec hall heh), and have run into a few
          >>>
          >> problems.
          >>
          >>> a) Spell.MOD is not working as expected
          >>>
          >>> Acid Splash.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=0
          >>> Crushing Hand.MOD CLASSES:Sorcerer=9|Wizard=19
          >>> Astral Projection.MOD CLASSES:Cleric,Sorcerer=9|Wizard=20
          >>>
          >>> Acid Splash was a Wizard 0 spell and in BoXM all 0 level spells go
          >>>
          >> away.
          >>
          >>> It still shows up in the Wizard list.
          >>>
          >> So you need: CLASSES:.CLEARALL|Sorcerer=0 if you want to remove the
          >> items listed on the "original" CLASSES entry. CLASSES does not
          >> overwrite, it appends.
          >>

          >>> In the spell tab, when listing by class/level, there is not Level 20
          >>> twistie. If I list by class/-- (ie. by name), I can click on Astral
          >>> Projection and it shows as a level 20 spell.
          >>>
          >> This is likely a UI bug
          >>

          >>> b) On the Source Materials page, other than recreating the RSRD
          >>>
          > Twistie
          >
          >>> under Malhavoc because I have to exclude the original base
          >>>
          > classes, is
          >
          >>> there any way to get the new data into program?
          >>>
          >> I don't quite understand the question...
          >>
          >> TP.

        • David R. Bender
          Message 4 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
            Trackered

            https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=384719&aid=1984559&group_id=25576

            David R. Bender wrote:
            > Yea, I will open a tracker for the UI bug where Tom found the
            > "hard-coded" variable.
          • Martijn Verburg
            Message 5 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
              TRackerd:

              https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1984586&group_id=25576&atid=384719

              --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Parker" <thpr@...> wrote:

              > --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, "Martijn Verburg" <martijnverburg@>
              > Level 20
              Astral

              > > > This is likely a UI bug
              >
              > This is definitely a PCGen BUG, I found the hardcoded variable last
              > night, please tracker this.
              >
              > TP.
            • Martijn Verburg
              Message 6 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008
                > Yea, I will open a tracker for the UI bug where Tom found the
                > "hard-coded" variable.

                Beat you to it ;)

              • Martijn Verburg
                Message 7 of 20 , Jun 4, 2008