Re: [pcgen] Questions about de monk

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008

      I'm going to have to read up on the rules, as I don't think you are
      allowed to take Imp Nat Attack for an unarmed attack (Monk Unarmed
      attack follows a certain progression based upon level). However, with
      the Enlarge spell, yes, I've fixed that so if you apply Enlarge person
      to your character their damage size will increase.

      1) Enlarge Person - Yes
      2) Improved Natural Attack - Your Monk should not qualify unless he has
      some base Natural Attack beyond (Which would not be affected by the
      natural progression of the monk)

      To apply Enlarge Person, simply go to Inventory Tab > Temporary Bonuses
      Spell (Expand the selection)
      Scroll Down to Enlarge Person
      Apply Bonus (Button top middle of screen)

      ~ Andrew Maitland (LegacyKing)
      "Quick-Silverback Tracker Monkey"

      mariomcmrpg wrote:
      > When my monk has improved natural damage and drink a enlarge person
      > potion or other equal effect, the pc sheet recieve increase damage
      > level or something like?

    • Brad Stiles
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
        Andrew Maitland <drew0500@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I'm going to have to read up on the rules, as I don't think you are
        > allowed to take Imp Nat Attack for an unarmed attack (Monk Unarmed
        > attack follows a certain progression based upon level).

        > 2) Improved Natural Attack - Your Monk should not qualify unless he
        > has some base Natural Attack beyond (Which would not be affected by the
        > natural progression of the monk)

        From the RSRD (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/srd35, ClassesI.rtf, pg 14):

        "A monk�s unarmed strike is treated both as a manufactured weapon and a natural weapon for the purpose of spells and effects that enhance or improve either manufactured weapons or natural weapons."

        PCGen currently allows this, as I've done it a number of times.
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 2, 2008
          Well, then... I stand corrected (That will teach me to try and make a
          quick monk) :P

          Okay, then it should all work just fine. Have fun...