Re: Help needed setting up PCgen on a linux machine

  • Justin Larsen
    Message 1 of 47 , Jun 2, 2008
      Going into synaptic through the command line using sudo, I found the
      following packages that pertain to openjdk:

      openjkd-6-demo
      openjkd-6-doc
      openjkd-6-jdk
      openjkd-6-jre
      openjkd-6-jre-headless
      openjkd-6-jre-lib
      openjkd-6-source

      None of them are installed on my system (should I be looking for
      something else?).

      I also went in and took a look at my locations in the program.
      Everything still seems to be in order there, but just to make sure
      that another set of eyes can't catch my error, here's what I've got:

      According to the program, my locations are as follows:

      PCGen Character Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/characters
      PCGen Portraits Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121
      PCGen Data Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/data
      PCGen Custom Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/customsources
      PCGen Vendor Data Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/vendordata
      PCGen Docs Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/docs
      PCGen System Directory: /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/system
      PCGen Output Sheets Directory:
      /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/outputsheets

      Then I run a quick ls of /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/data, for
      instance, and get:

      permissioned my_dataset LoadOnStart.pcc d20ogl customsources alpha

      ...and if I look in the /home/grillfocks/.pcgen/pcgen5121/data/d20ogl
      folder, as an example, I get this:

      alderacentertainmentgroup gallantryproductions silvenpublishing
      aleapublishinggroup goodmangames silverthornegames
      avalanchepress lionsdenpress srd
      bastionpress malhavocpress srd35
      battlefieldpress mongoosepublishing stcooleypublishing
      behemoth3 msrd swordandsorcerystudios
      doghouserules necromancergames swordsedgepublishing
      fantasycommunitycouncil pcgen
      fantasyflightgames rpgobjects

      If I'm being silly here and missing the obvious, which has happened
      before with some frequency, then please let me know. Otherwise, it
      looks to me like both the openjdk and locations solutions aren't
      working for me.

      Again, you're appreciated greatly, as is all your help.

      --- In pcgen@yahoogroups.com, James Milne <duroondgr@...> wrote:

      > Do you know how to use Synaptic? You can do a search for Open and
      pull up the packages with that in the name. It will show you if they
      are installed or not. If your still having trouble and your sure Open
      Java is not on your system then I would say that you don't have your
      locations set properly within PCGen.

    • Tom Parker
      Message 47 of 47 , Jun 2, 2008
        OpenJDK is installed by default in Ubuntu Hardy Heron (8.04-LTS).

        Since you've installed Sun's Java, you can remove open-java. The
        packages are:
        openjdk-6-jdk
        openjdk-6-jre
        openjdk-6-jre-headless